1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"a Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by creativemind23, Aug 13, 2016.

1. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

I distinctly remember writing this piece / essay when I was in school. One of our teachers gave us this quote and asked to write whatever comes to our mind. We could also draw if we wished to. I am a hopeless artist though I loved to draw. So I decided to go with just words.

I wrote about the rose that I could see from my classroom window. Out there it stood fully blossomed, smiling at the golden sunlight, opening its arm full of deep pink petals. I wrote that I admire the pink rose and am always amazed at how beautiful it looks every time I see it. But I also see the thorns that are on the stem of the rose. I think people are also like that. They are full of good qualities and love to give. But they also have some drawbacks and flaws in them. Just like we overlook the thorns and appreciate the beauty of the rose, we should look for the beauty in people and be watchful of the thorns in them. If we do so, the world would be a more peaceful and much happier place.

My teacher cried as she read out my piece to my classmates. I am not sure how many of them understood, but that certainly was my proudest moment as a child.

When I look back now, I feel that was the only time I was successful as a writer.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

For a school student, the idea is superb with a moral behind it.Definitely you have a creativemind.
    Congrats.Best wishes for more creations emanating your creative mind.

Jayasala 42

KashmirFlower and creativemind23 like this.
  3. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

so true and i read it somewhere like thorn is flowers guardian... i like your comparison and i like this line also... we should have flowers smoothness and thorns prickliness in order to save ourselves i like both thorn and flower it pricks me whenever i try to touch its queen

Lathasv, vaidehi71 and creativemind23 like this.