1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Simple “thanks” :)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ArchanaKrishnan, May 17, 2016.

1. ArchanaKrishnan

ArchanaKrishnan Silver IL'ite

The scorching summer sun was way above its mark when Venkanna started cycling in the morning. He had to deliver milk to the 50 odd houses in the layout. It was already 6, half an hour ahead of his usual schedule. He cycled fast, he had to finish his morning routine and head to his farm. A long day stayed ahead of him…

He rang the doorbell of the first house. ‘Pallaviamma, open the door fast… I have other houses also, yours is not the only one house that I deliver milk to. ’ Grumbling about how she was causing extra delay in his already late schedule and wiping off the sweat from the towel that draped his shoulder, he made another attempt to call Pallaviamma out of the house…ringing the doorbell another time.

The grumble turned to a frown on this face, as he saw a young lady draped in orange cotton saree approaching him. Holding an empty vessel to fill milk, she came walking slowly towards him. “Coming Venkanna, wait, I was in the Pooja room”… The frown on his face intensified, ready to start a quarrel. ‘You ladies sit at home all day, but we are not like you, we have work to complete. I have a lots of work and no time to waste in front of your house’.

He expected the smile of Pallavi’s face to dim away as he uttered these words. But his anger seemed to make no difference to her. Her calm, composed nature was the reason that everybody in the layout admired her so much. ‘Ok, ok, go and get my money. I will wait here… and don’t take your own time to get the money. I have other tasks too’.

Pallavi disappeared into the kitchen. Venkanna stood there, waiting for his money. He glanced at the huge mansion, a brand new car and a well maintained garden. ’I don’t know where these people get all the money from… God opens his eyes only to a destined few’ … cursing his fate… Time and again, wiping off the sweat dripping off from his wrinkled forehead.

As his eyes were stuck gaping at the new car that stood in front of this huge villa, he heard Pallavi’s voice from behind. He turned around and saw her holding a tray with two cups of coffee…Irritated, ‘you are making coffee when I am waiting here for my money’.

But, his frown turned into a graceful smile as he heard Pallavi talk… ‘One cup for you and the other for me.” She handed over the cup of nicely smelling coffee and sat down next to him.

“You spend all your day delivering milk, working in the farm and taking care of your kids… without you my day will be incomplete and my children will have to go to school without milk”.

Today, take some time for yourself to enjoy this cup of coffee….with the milk that you get after a hard day’s work. This cup of coffee from my side, is my way of telling you ‘Thanks for all the trouble you take every day, to make my life complete.’!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
    peddadas, Rajeni, coolmum and 14 others like this.

2. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

3. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Awesome!!! Simply superb!! Loved it Archana!! :)

4. ArchanaKrishnan

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

How sweet..simple and a nice gesture.
    PS

6. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Nice narration. You indeed are a Versatile Writer :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  7. ArchanaKrishnan

Thank you. I feel nice to hear this from all u ladies. Thanks much. It means a lot :)

kaniths and PavithraS like this.
  8. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

a small thanks said in a cute way... nic one

ArchanaKrishnan likes this.
  9. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Very realistic and a short nice story.
    You have brought the human emotions and nature so nicely, in such a short story.
    Thanks.

10. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

A nice gesture to say a thanks. Wonderfully narrated.