A question about reading the Sreepadha Sreevallabha Charitaamrutam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lulu90767, Jan 27, 2016.

1. lulu90767

lulu90767 New IL'ite

I have read many of your posts and threads about Sreepadha Sreevallabha and I would like to read the Sreepadha Sreevallabha Charitaamrutam but I have a few questions that I was hoping you could answer for me.

1. Is it okay to read the English version? Will this produce the same results?
    2. At the beginning of the Sreepadha Sreevallabha Charitaamrutam, it says that Paaraayana should be done within 7 days. Does this mean the whole book should be read within 7 days? The Charitaamrutam also says in the beginning that for 48 days one should read the chapter that is meant for the particular problem you wish to resolve.
    3. On some of the threads on IndusLadies, I saw posts that said the whole book should be read within 40 days or 48 days for women and did not see much about reading a particular chapter each day for 48 days so I am confused about what to do. Should I read it within 7 days or 48 days and should I read a particular chapter each day in addition to this?
    4. The beginning of the Charitaamrutam also says that annadaanam should be made for 11 people or the equivalent amount should be donated to the Devasthanam. I live in the U.S. How can I do this from here and how do I know how much is equivalent of annadaanam for 11 people?

I've been amazed by reading the stories of others over the past few weeks and have already incorporated saying the Sree Divya Siddha Mangala Stothram once each day. I plan to increase this to 11 times each day when I begin reading the Charitaamrutam.

Can you please help me with my few areas of confusion so that I can proceed? Also, are there any special requirements in terms of dress or anything that i should be mindful of while I read the Charitaamrutam? I'm hoping to receive the blessings of Sreepadha Sreevallabha to marry the man that I love as we have recently experienced some sudden difficulty in our relationship which caused our relationship/engagement to be broken.

2. Saimya

Saimya Senior IL'ite

Dear lulu like yourself I am also an overseas devotee I don't live in India. So hope my answers would help to give you some perspective. Kindly note that I am no authority on this I am merely sharing my personal experiences.
    1) I would wake up early in the morning say around 530am take a shower wear clean fresh clothes and go to my pooja room. I would then recite the Siddha MangalaStotram.
    2) I did the above for 40 days straight each day 11times I believe.
    3) When I was doing the siddha MangalaStotram in between I was also reading the Charitramutham I read the online version every day a few chapters.
    4) I would pause any prayers or reading of the sacred book when I was having my menses. Once my menses ended I would continue my pooja again
    5) Yes the annadhanam has to be done once the 40 days is up. This can be done at any nearby Hindu temple or Hindu Center. I can't advise you specifically for this as you live in the U.S. Here in Spore temples are easily accessible and there is also a Shirdi Sai temple here. You can let the priest or organiser know about your intentions and they can help you in advance perhaps.

All the best to you Lulu!! God bless.

3. lulu90767

lulu90767 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for answering Saimya!!!