1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A proud day for Varlotti & for us, as well!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congratulations! It is indeed a feather in your cap. At the same time, this is a great achievement for The Hindu to have recognised a talent as yours!! Neengal Engaludan Irundhaal.....thanks to God!

Dear Chitra,
    You are a wonder person! You seem to be everywhere..Thanks for sharing this proud moment with us.

Dear Indhu,
    Behind every succesful man there is woman! You know, for sure, I am talking about you.

Regards

USHA

2. monikakrishna76

monikakrishna76 New IL'ite

Chitra, i checked after reading your post.,

i dont know why., but even i am feeling great about it.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,
    I am very happy that the Hindu Review brought a message from my friend after a long time. It is very difficult to get your book reviewed in the Hindu. Even to get the "Received Books.." two line information category it is very difficult. I tried hard for my English book A Love Story. It did not work. In this case the publisher did the spade work. Of course Hindu told him flatly that they wont take up the work unless their reviewer considers the work fit for him. Somehow all factors worked in my favour thanks to the Lord and we have the review.
    thanks for your kind wishes.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

thanks, Monika

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hearty Congratulations Sri.. just read about your wonderful achievement and its an honour to join you in this great moment of celebration.. No wonder there is a feeling of jubiliation in IL...:)

Thanks Ma'am for bringing this to our notice... :)

Love,
    Mol

6. varalotti

Thanks a lot, dear Mol. It is sheer happiness to be congratulated by a poet of your stature. But being praised by one's Mol.. well what more can I ask for..

thanks once again, Mol.
    love,
    sri

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear sridharji,

Congrats on your achievement. We are all really proud of you. I dont know how I missed seeing this thread for so long, 7 pages have crossed and almost a week have passed, am I am seeing this only today. Anyway better late than never. Please accept my heartiest congratulations .

Regards
    Radhi

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

What a good news!

Thank you for bringing this news to us and attaching the pdf for the benefit of us ILites.

You are always there when we need you.:thumbsup

L, Kamla

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

With this review in Hindu, you surely have made your mark in the literary world.

Let me add, whether Hindu or anyone else reviews your works or not, you are already held in high esteem here in IL!

Some stories are frivolous, some shocking, some mind blowing, but like the reviewer said, all of your writings strive to drive home a point and almost always, I sit back to think after reading your words. And that makes the read all the more worthwhile.

May be there are many excellent writers out there, but it is your persistent energy and childlike enthusiasm to write that has got you where you are today. I know how you strive to better yourself. Lately, it has been a great pleasure to read all that you wrote about Godly love. Sad that I am unable to keep up with the speed you write!:hide:

I wish you more and more success and many many more books to pen.

Congratulations!

Yes, also to the lady behind the man, congrats Indhusri!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  10. varalotti

Dear Radhi,
    thanks a lot. I have always believed that writers share a symbiotic relationship with his readers.
    I was able to hone my writing skills, developed enough courage to publish books only after interacting with the ILites. (For your information I joined IL in 2005 June and my first book was released on 17th March 2006)
    My request to you and all the ILites here is that you should continue to read and give fb. Thats our staple food for growth, why even for survival.
    regards,
    sridhar