1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Long Wait!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Kamala had been popular for her acting skills before. But she gained more popularity as the host of that TV program - "Interview with you". Every week, she just picked a random post card, out of the thousands that had been sent in, by the 'wanting to be' participants to gain a one to one with her.

She would generally ask about the participant's life, achievement, challenges and so on. The program gained a good rating and the selected participant would also get a nice gift. She would generally pick the participant, couple of days before the show, to facilitate the participant to make it on that day. Also, there would be around 100 women, who served as the audience in the series. This time, it was Sundhari, a woman in her thirties.

Sundhari was already waiting impatiently in the studio, for an hour. Kamala came unusually late that day and felt a bit disappointed about it. She saw the studio packed with everyone except her, so quickly started her job.

After the common questions, the conversation went on like this:

Kamala: What do you think, is the most precious thing in your life?

Sundari: My baby!

Kamala: Thats nice. What do you think, is the most tender feeling for you?

Sundari: Its those softest fingers of my baby on my face.

Kamala: Have you ever got jealous of your husband?

Sundhari: Yes. When he would be playing with our baby. He himself would be a baby then and will totally forget me. I feel a bit jealous even now, but can't do anything about it.

Kamala: How long have you been applying to participate, in this program?

Sundhari: Only once. I tried and it clicked first time. May be, its the luck factor of my baby.

Kamala: Did you bring it to the show today?

Sundhari: No. Time has not come for it yet.

Kamala: Oh! I understand. Its time to apologize for my delay. I made you and all others wait for an hour or so. I know how it hurts to be away from your baby, even for a short while. By the way, is that lucky one a boy or girl?

Sundhari: I don't know yet. Am just waiting for it to come.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

A very good twist. You have excelled in your way of conveying the message and indirectly made Kamala
    to realise her mistake. I enjoyed it.

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Sreema, for your appreciation. Actually Sundhari is waiting for a long time to get her first child. And she mentioned that to Kamala then. -rgs

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

RGS....its really nice and you have depicted it well about a lady waiting for a child...and her dream about the child...

5. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

You have made it a habit of giving that little twist at the end of all your stories and interestingly we always look for it too..:)

cho..chu:thumbsupweet...

6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation and continuous support Uma. I am motivated a lot because of all your feedbacks. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Dear Iniyamalar,
    As long as it makes sense and adds a bit of poise, I would try to go for it. And your feedback motivates me to experiment further. Thanks a lot. -rgs