A Daily Prayer To God

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Purple2017, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

O! Teacher, as I awake and arise each day, teach me to be humble.

teach me to respect another life and to accept that just I am entitled to my opinion,others

are too. Teach me, O! Teacher, to contribute selflessly and without expectation. Teach me

to forgive every act of unkindness and injustice to me. Teach me to forget and unlearn what may

not be relevant to me as I journey along. Teach me, O! Teacher to conquer anger and attain that

state of ahimsa,when all violence inside me subsides and true love prevails. Teach me to avoid

hatred and jealousy. Teach me to resist ruinous temptations and to employ discretion at times

when I may waver. Teach me to soak in and converse with the silence that engulfs me and for me to discover the real me in it. Teach me to lead a life of action, to live in this world, skilfully and selflessly,

and yet be above it. Teach me, O! Teacher, to remain detached from the fruits of my actions,

and to know that if the MOTIVE is PURE and the MEANS are CORRECT,in the end, it will all be fine,

if I do my best and leave you the rest. Teach me to remain ever grateful to you, O! Teacher, for this

life and this experience. N.B. I have never encountered such a lovely prayer...and I have been practising this since last 12 years.

2. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

This prayer is written by Anonymous , but it covers all the aspects of life and is common to all the religions. I have been much fascinated because of the above features.