1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

4 Days for Christmas!!!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by SharmilaBanu, Jan 25, 2012.

1. SharmilaBanu

SharmilaBanu Silver IL'ite

All,

This is my second Story in IL. Tried totally different genre . Waiting for your feedbacks :hide:

2. SharmilaBanu

*****Disclaimer*****
    All the names, characters and events in this story are purely fictional and any resemblance is completely coincidental.

4 days for Christmas
    21 Dec 2011:
    It was all of a commotion in the conference call initiated by Rayan to discuss the most important update of the DAY. “Hey wats up” joined Ana . “Folks not able to reach Santa and John” said Raj. Its customary for us, bunch of fortunate-software-engineer-working-in-US to set up conference calls to wish for b’days for people in US / INDIA, organizing regular meets, congratulate on achieving milestones on break-up J, marriage and for sharing all gossips. Of course, your guess is right, this call belongs to the latter. Our names, short as to ease life of our clients ,made us forget our own name tells how long we are struck in US. Annalakshmi turned Ana, Me – Narayanan as Rayan and Santanakrishnan as Santa, Rajesh as Raj, John retained their name.

“Common guys, what is it now” asked Ana without sparing a moment. Raj as usual in his sarcastic tone, “ Oh poor gal., didn’t you check the latest update about Santa in Facebook” ? Open it !!

Ana, who doesn’t always speak much , but when she speaks its of no-nonsense. She was quick enough to flip on her ipad to check. It read

Santa’s Facebook wall
    Santa: Its just 4 days for Christmas. What is the plan for Christmas weekend? C’mon Friends – Pour in your plans.

Kiran : ******
    Rayan: *******

Clara: Merry Christmas. Its going to be Miami. Guess whom im going to be with? I am going to be with santa

(Last Updated 10 mins ago)
    Ana: I cant believe it. We had planned for a trip to NY this weekend and this idiot is supposed to be our host. He dint bother to tell us

Rayan: Dude, I m still wondering how he made this happen da. Is she so dumb?

Raj : God only knows Machi.

Ana: Guys are guys (Sighes).. So what is our plan? We had booked non-refundable tickets da. Did you reach out to that guy?

Rayan: No Ana. He might be in office call – for sure he won’t be returning for another one hour. Its already 12 in NY. Let’s catch up tomorrow.

22 Dec2011
    Both Santa and John were getting ready to office. They had got some missed calls from their friends in their home and mobile number yesterday around the same time. They got into the car and John was at the wheels. Santa called Raj and started playing with his mobile, while call got connected thro’ bluetooth set in his car.
    Before Santa said anything

Raj : You bloody buggar, how did you do that man? I still cant believe it

Santa : Cool dude. Whats it

Raj: Don’t act machi. Where are you now?

John: Hey Raj. We just started to office da

Raj: John, what is happening there da? You guys not even telling us.

Santa: Common on. Whats it Raj.
    Raj : Open your Facebook and see it for yourself.

Santa opened his profile and just started reading it aloud and then realized what he read. He was on cloud nine. Clara was working as Secretary in his office and he had helped many a times in technical issues as she was not tech-savvy. He even helped her creating a facebook account and now, he couldn’t believe what he read just now.

John in a state of shock, said “Raj, its news to me also da. He has gone on date twice without even telling me da”

Santa smiled and thought “hey fool it was you who gave me that opportunity. That day you excused yourself after I came to restaurant and I had to sit all alone. She came and sat with me citing the same reasons”. But he wanted to create an HERO image between them and said “Not a big deal dude. We were meeting off late now a days da. But I dint know this was coming da. I still couldn’t believe.”

Raj: Do you remember the trip We, No, YOU organized. This time its NY. No change in that.
    Santa: Man, give me some time.

Santa tried calling Clara and she was not reachable. He tried peeping into her cubicle just to find that she was on leave. He couldn’t check with her friends too. Around Noon, Clara called him.

Clara : Hey Santa. Good Noon. You tried reaching me?
    Santa : Yes, Clara. Urgent wanted to ask something to you. Can we meet by 3?
    Clara: Sorry dear, I am bit busy. Do me a favour. Come to AIRPORT at 5. Don’t forget to bring your passport.

Santa (with a questioning tone, as if he doesn’t know): Why Clara ?
    Clara : Surprise J

Santa (thought to himself): God. How can you tell the world thro’ facebook and still say that as a surprise

Santa: Fine Clara. You are not coming to office today ? (Officially it was only half a day owing to Christmas, but still Santa managed to ask to get words out of her)
    Clara: Its Christmas Santa!!! I am going to enjoy!!!

Santa: Ok.. Bye.
    Clara: Bye.

He got in some office calls and met John by 2.

Santa : Hey John can you drop me at airport da. I need to be there by 5

John In surprise tone: Where are you going Machi? Miami a?

Santa: Don’t know da. Clara called some time back and asked me to come. Lets go dress up and meet her. Still, how can I go with her without knowing anything da

John knew he was just making up and really anxious to board flight even before she say anything. John tried to reason about the trip and Santa was in no mood to hear.

Santa: Hey then, let’s not tell this to our friends, till I know whats in store.
    John: they had already called me up twice when you dint pick the call. What am I supposed to tell?

Santa: Manage it for couple of hours , dude.
    John, out of curiosity to know what’s happening and the other fact being they both share the car and he needs to drop him to get the car. By Santa’s mood, he knew he would go anyway and he might be there to at least update his friends.

Santa and John reached airport by 4.45 and they were waiting on Clara.
    Santa just spotted Clara. There she was, carrying almost 4 luggage and believe me, I excluded her handbag and makeup kit while counting
    Her face lifted up with a broad smile and she came and hugged him.

Clara: Thanks for coming dear. Sorry, I was just rushing up and couldn’t say anything. Hi John, how you are doing.

John: Great Clara. Merry Christmas.(Wanted to ask about the trip, but Santa had warned him not to ask anything to Clara)

Clara: Merry Christmas. Hey why don’t you take a photo of me & santa? I need to upload in Facebook.

John took the photo with Santa’s iphone. She insisted uploading in his wall. Santa started uploading when Clara started saying “Santa, you know what. Actually I was writing the thing on your wall yesterday and my net connection broke down. And I dint update it fully. Hmm.. I have wrote it down in this paper. Will you upload these comments too?

Photo got uploaded and he asked Clara to give the caption. Thought for a second, she told winking – Clara and Me, before boarding flight

He couldn’t realize all is true and still doesn’t want to ask her, if they were really going. He was waiting for her to speak up!!!

Santa, started updating the comments on his wall, as fast as he could as he just read on and nothing went into his head until he clicked enter and read the comments again.

@ Clara: Merry Christmas. Its going to be Miami. Guess whom im going to be with? I am going to be with santas and angels wishing me while I walk down the aisle with my love on Christmas Day.

Too many things for Santa to think on They haven’t talked about this earlier or never did once it occurred to him. They just met up twice or thrice together other than being with common friends. It was too quick for him. There he stood flabbergasted on what do next.

Same time, Clara got a call and answered “ Hey honey. …hmm.. I love you too..Yup. waiting in airport….you got your luggage?? Hmm.. I got mine.. Your parents started? How sweet…
    Yes,we need to get dress for Santa alone- we can get in Miami itself. Santa,ya. your best man is already here ”

She continued her call, while nothing went into my ears after hearing that.Shocked on the events that turned up in the last few hours, I stood still. I dint know what to do.Couple of minutes passed by and Clara was still over phone and I heard my mobile ringing

Yo boys
    I am sing song
    Soup song…
    Flop song …
    Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di..
    Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di”
    Oh!!! Sh*t!!!I put it on silent mode and turned around to see John laughing like a mad man and speaking in mobile. I knew it was yet again another conference call.

4 people like this.
  3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

that was beautiful.. finally the confusion was cleared!!!!!

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hahaahaha, had a great laugh, at poor Santa's expense of course ;-) What a funny story :thumbsup

5. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Ha ha.. hilarious...!! That was a nice ending.. Poor Santa!! :)

6. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Liked your style of writing!!! Very nice.

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Nice ending.....

Shanti

8. SharmilaBanu

Thanks Sapthu for reading !!!

9. SharmilaBanu

Thanks Sofea,Deepa,HappyPerson and Shashiv for reading my story with patience and sharing your comments.
    Was thinking that this story would go unnoticed as dint any comments on the same day till 4 pm.

10. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Lovely writing!!! Nice!!!