1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2.5 year old drinking milk in bottle

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by anjusuren, May 7, 2014.

1. anjusuren

anjusuren New IL'ite

HI,

My 2.5 year old girl baby still drinking milk in feeding bottle.If i give the milk in cup she refuse to drink. Please advise me how to feed her through cup.

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

As all the previous posters have said....it takes patience. My son refused to drink from a sippy cup till he was over 18 months. First day at daycare, I sent bottles and they sent it back home saying that in his class no bottles were allowed. Luckily, he being a baby who would do ANYTHING for milk, switched with no issues. But my mother would say my sister (many many years ago) had problems switching off the bottle. So, just have patience and start with sippy cup.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Take her to a shop and find a nice glass with her favourite character. Let her choose it. Work up excitement about how wonderful it will be to drink in a cup, blah blah. Show her how we need to wash the cup when we bring it back. Show her how the milk boils. Involve her in every step. You could hold a sieve and get her to pour milk from a tumbler into her special glass. Then ask her to drink it. You could even buy two cups and let her choose one. If she is acting up, buy a pack of straws and give her her favourite colour one. Don't go further than that.

Throw the bottle away so that you don't bring it back even if she refuses to drink milk in the cup.