1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

haha... the magnets came from my house. There are many things/incidents/dress of mine that are woven into my stories. I always wanted a round bed but haven't been able to find one that I like.

magnets2.JPG

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Lovely Magnets!!

Btw, is the green lacy dress also from your wardrobe? In your description, it looked so gorgeous. Is it teal green? or aqua green? or pistachio green? More details pls :p

Poorvank, and now Chandini added to the mystery!! Good going!!

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Akanksha, is this the guy who was not interest in the girl seeing ceremony :tonguewink: Interesting update....honesty won his heart :banana: you could have given the chance to poonam to talk to Mrs SRK :hearteyes:

What happens next?? waiting to know more.

4. Akanksha1982

Thanks Rajeni. No it is not in my wardrobe. I had seen it at Macy's and had tried it. I think it was Teal green. I loved it but was not comfortable with the off-shoulder. I have short dresses which I wear over leggings.

Rajeni likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Yep it is the same guy.

6. Akanksha1982

Part IV

Poonam reached her room and lay flat on her back on the bed. Her hair nearly circled her face like a halo. Her mind was thinking about Sharad. She remembered the eye-locking moments, his masculine black wispy chest hair playing peek-a-boo with his polo t-shirt, his formidable strong hands complimenting his broad shoulders, the snobbish designer watch basking on the strong hands, the long fingers exuberating deep self-confidence. She wanted to clasps those fingers in her delicate hands.

“Is he the lover, I have been dreaming about? Am I lucky to find such an honest, educated, handsome, stylish gentleman?” She just pinched and pinched and pinched her hand to make sure she is not dreaming.

Just then, her cell phone rang. She took it out of her clutch and there was a large grin on her face as she saw the number.

“I am sorry to call you late but couldn’t resist myself. Can we talk?” Sharad’s pleasant voice literally rang in her ears.

“It is fine Sharad. I am awake, just …..arranging my ……desk.” Poonam wanted to say, I was thinking about you only but she controlled herself.

“I am not sure about you, but I have been thinking about you only. I hope you didn’t get upset with our talks today. I just wanted to tell you everything about me.”

“I too was thinking about you only!” That was what Poonam wanted to say but instead curling her hair with her finger, said, “I am happy that you shared it with me and I respect you for that. No, don’t worry; it didn’t bother me at all”.

“Well then, I will have a better sleep tonight. Is it possible for us to meet tomorrow evening for dinner?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Ok I will give you a call tomorrow and we can plan the place and time. Ok then bye, Good night Poonam!”

“Hey, wait stop, keep talking, I love listening to you” words from her heart got converted by her mouth as, “Good night Sharad. See you tomorrow.”

Poonam felt happy that Sharad was thinking about her. She wondered what he might be thinking about her. She started playing with her nails and she realized that the nails weren’t trimmed properly. She cursed herself for not properly preparing for her first date.

Her mind still was thinking about him, “Sharad Poonam, wow! What a combination of name, representing the harvest festival of Sharad Poornima. OMG! Does this mean that I will be bearing many children?” She laughed at her silly thought.

They started meeting daily and the family started planning for the big engagement ceremony.

One morning, Poonam was sleeping and was deep into her dreams, dreaming about running around in a tulip field in Europe. Carefully cutting through the shallow trenches in between the colorful tulips on either side and as far as eye can see. Far near the horizon, the sun setting down with its bright rays spreading generously it’s warmth on the flowers and the flowers glowing and dancing to a light breeze. Suddenly, she felt the smell of roses and her mind started searching for roses in the tulip fields. Disappointed of not having found them, she opened her eyes. Her eyes widened, her hand covered her mouth and she quickly sat up on the bed staring a packet next to her on the bed.

A huge bouquet of roses was looking at her and laughing at her astonishment. There was a card hanging on the bouquet. She opened the card. It read,

Know not poetries and proses
    Nor any beautiful words
    Hope these faithful roses
    Convey those magic words.
    -Sharad

She sat there looking at the bouquet with both hands covering her mouth and legs crisscrossed. She had never seen so many red roses. She just sat motionless for a long time until her legs went to sleep.

She stood up and took the huge bouquet and smelt it to her heart’s content while hugging it. A couple of thorns pinched her but she didn’t care.

She kept the bouquet on the bed and then took pictures of the bouquet. She tied her hair in a chignon bun and took a selfie, pouting her lips.

Removing the plastic, she carefully separated the roses from the leaves and other flowers used in the bouquet. She started counting the roses – 1, 2, 3…………….and finally cheered 143 and kissed the final rose.

She texted Sharad: 1432.

7. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Akanksha, cute update. The story flow is too fast as you :cheer: It's nice to read frequent updates....I like the way your narrating it is really awesome and cute. Keep rocking. Looking forward for next update.

8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
    No comments ..

--PS

9. Akanksha1982

That Gauri incident at Otters club was a real life. I had gone with my DH and his friend and his wife at the Otters club for dinner. My DH's friend works in bollywood (in the post processing). Saw Gauri there in a fluffy white top and jeans along with her friends. No SRK :BangHead:

10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I sense some twist here.. the guy dint wanted to go .. but he had to go and then its flawless..Fishy

.. Tulip Garden .. Yes I could imagine.

Did they really fall in love..somehow I couldn't believe ..lol..little doubt .. His BIL is fraud ??

--PS