1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks meepre. I have that half Saree so the describing it was easy. Love you dear.

Rihana and peddadas like this.
  2. Akanksha1982

Thanks Rajeni. I am not sure of the genre here so have left it open. The story is still baking in my mind.

3. Akanksha1982

Thanks Leena. I hope to post regularly. Just that I am a lot busy at work these days. So, please excuse if I delay in comments or posting the parts.

leenarajaryan likes this.
  4. Akanksha1982

Thanks Usha. Glad you like the start. Usually, the start and the climax takes up a lot of time.

5. Akanksha1982

Part II

The Agarwals stood up as they saw Poonam descending the stairs. Poonam’s eye was fixated on Sharad. Sharad had a clean shave, with trimmed hair around the sides of the his head and then rising on the top of the head like an awning over the forehead. His angular cheekbones sloped smoothly towards a neatly pointed chin. Even his ritzy casual wear couldn’t conceal his burly physique which complimented his tall height. His mesmerizing sapphire colored pupils gleamed like two sapphire stones floating on milk. It was love at first sight for Poonam. She held her skirt and Sharmista held Poonam’s shoulder by her hand as they started descending down the stairs.

Sharad was also awestruck seeing Poonam coming down the stairs as if true to her name, felt like a full moon was descending on the earth.

After the customary talks between the two families, Sharmista stood up and said,

“Poonam, while I go to the kitchen to get the food ready, Poonam, why don’t you show Sharad your room?”

Sharmista went to the Kitchen.

After a bit hesitation, both Sharad and Poonam stood up and Poonam directed Sharad to go towards the stairs. They started climbing the stairs looking down and being careful to not stumble. An adrenaline rush of nervousness, disbelief, happiness and god knows what ran through their hearts with each other able to hear the heartbeats that played in unison.

“Wow! What a beautifully decorated room? Looks like a room of a princess.” Sharad said as he entered Poonam’s room. The room was painted in a light pink color with gorgeous paintings hanging on each wall. The white ceiling was decorated with lovely carvings, the type that can be seen in royal castles in Europe. On one side there was a round red Mahogany bed with a round white mattress covered in a white bedsheet. Hanging over the bed from the ceiling was a pink net spreading over the bed. On the other side, there was a Sankheda swing.

Poonam pulled the chair near the desk and directed Sharad to sit on the swing. There was a pin drop silence. Sharad looked around the room while Poonam just kept staring at the marble flooring. Sharad’s eyes found a small glass board hung on one of the walls. There were magnets of various places attached inside. He was happy that he found some topic to converse about.

“So you collect magnets of places you visit?” Sharad asked.

“Yes, I love to travel and collect magnets of different places.” After a pause, she asked, “What do you love to collect?”

Sharad thought for a while and then said, “Hmm… nothing. When I was a child, I used to collect coins. Now, I am mostly interested in outdoor games.”

“Wow! What games you play?” Poonam asked turning into a cross leg position and resting her elbow on her knee and hand on her chin.

“Poonam, this guy is not only hot but loves to go outdoors as well and not a boring businessman”, she thought in her mind and curbed her wish to pinch herself good luck.

I love most outdoor sports but mainly I love to Ski.”

“Where do you go for Skiing?”

“After graduation, I worked in a company in Staefa, Switzerland for nearly 3 years. I used to go out for Skiing over there.”

“Wow! Switzerland!! I always want to go to Switzerland.” Poonam moved her hand towards her mouth as if she was controlling the dripping water from her mouth. Sharad noticed her reaction.

Slowly both opened up and talked about their interests, their education, their colleges, and their family. Both were happy to find a lot of common interests between them. The physical attraction was already there.

“Poonam, I have served the food. Come down.” Poonam heard Sharmista calling. Both Sharmista and Meena were happy as they thought that Poonam and Sharad are getting along well.

Poonam and Sharad exchanged phone numbers and promised to stay in touch and went for the lunch.

After the lunch and customary talks, the Agarwals left. Poorvank was happy that Poonam didn’t react in the way he was expecting, maybe she doesn’t remember him or maybe he is mistaking her for someone else.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  6. Mayaa

Mayaa Bronze IL'ite

Nice episodes. Beautiful description too

7. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

@Akanksha,
    what a beutiful start to the story. lovel heroine, handsome hero. started imagining the story already and drooling for more. keep the ball rolling fast please.

Rihana likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Way to go Akanksha !! That sounds fun.. I am sure you will take it very impressively. I wont miss even a single word of yours. With your narration I just want to wear whatever matching you say in stories..your piece of work always have that impact on me..and as always all our hero/ heroines will be the smartest/greates/beautiest looking people in the entire world...:laughing::laughing::laughing:
    --PS

Akanksha1982 and Rihana like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good start, Akanksha. Sorry for the late in commenting on first episode. : )

You have grown a a writer! Descriptions and details are even better than before. I was curious about the wardrobe and straining the mind to think back to your other characters' wardrobes : )

I always wonder if you start writing story backwards. Right from the beginning, you lay the ground for the upcoming twists. So, Poorvank was shocked, but not Poonam. Hmm...

Intriguing title too. Can we take guesses at what the 143 means? I am guessing a hotel room number or roll number in class. : )

I couldn't catch what Poonam does - student or working.. will have to read properly again.

Great start. Can't wait for more episodes. Thank you for taking the time and effort. I know it is not easy to make the time that such writing needs.

Dare we hope some characters from earlier stories will pop in?

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Even now we dint know Why Poorvank was shocked :openmouth::openmouth::openmouth: ??
    What a room .. what a combo .. I am sure she cannot have pink walls after marriage .. so better she enjoys it now .. lol... Magnets..you also mentioned type of wood:flushed::flushed: .. This is an awesome narration .. Kudos!!
    Pyar tho hona hin tha !!..

--PS

Rihana likes this.