100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 66 : Had a peaceful chanting of Lalitha Sahasranamam. I always wanted to learn the traditional Saree draping. Like my MIL insists I learn and drape for all festivals. And also on all Fridays while I chant Lalitha Sahasranamam . Because if time constraints (like in my mind I don't have time) I never tried .As I'm at home now relaxing one of my to do things this vacation was so learn how to drape traditional Tamil Saree.. And yes I succeeded.! ! I did feel a sense of satisfaction..

kaniths, girvani, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

very productive day. Morning completed shopping for the Srilankan visit, then helped a friend who was moving the house, cleared one are of my house and went to bed with a big smile.

3. Anusha2917

Day 67 : One of my colleague's wedding was there . I attended and felt good meeting my colleagues there. :) It made my day beautiful .

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

After two consecutive weekends of travel, it was time to bake today! Made an old fashioned vanilla pound cake and two mini apple pies. The apple pies were my first attempt at making pie crust from scratch. Came out nicely -- no soggy bottoms. There were a few things I could have done better but those are lessons for next time. Hours of effort were made worthwhile by the joy of hearing my little ones say, "I want some more mommy." : )

2.png

1.png

Anisu, girvani, radv and 5 others like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This morning was a bit unusual. I woke up early and the lights were on in my son's room. An hour later, he came out fresh after a shower and a wondeeful smile. "I figured out how to design the nosile. It was a simple geomatry that helped me". I didn't understand what he was saying but the fact he feels it was a breakthrough moment made me feel happy. I told him I am glad he figured out working it out all night on his birthday.

Anisu, girvani, Giri12 and 3 others like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My friend and kids came to stay at our place suddenly as. Their new house is full of boxes. I was able to feed them all and make them feel rested. I am glad for that opportunity.

Viswamitra, Giri12 and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Anusha2917

Day 68 : My husband is very encouraging. After I started Yoga, there's not a single day where he didn't ask me what did u do today in yoga. While yesterday morning I was telling him in words, I did this I did that he said you can't explain in words. You should show in action. Well I understood that it his sweet way of making me do yoga on a Sunday where the instructor doesn't come home :D then he said you teach me. I felt okay he caught the lazy me and making me do my yoga on a lazy Sunday. So we both had a Good 1 hr of Yoga where I thought him the asanas I am learning. Positive thing isn't it? Otherwise I would skip on days where my instructor doesn't come.

Viswamitra, Gauri03 and girvani like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

pleasant Sunday, nothing special but rested well.

9. Anusha2917

Day 69 : Mood was disturbed because it was a kind of a day where I was trying to do some things and nothing was working out. By evening I had almost lost it. Was feeling super irritated. Morning I tried to sit for meditation but couldn't concentrate even 1 min. So many thoughts . Then by night somehow I controlled my thoughts , sat for Pranayama and took charge of my mind. Felt better by the end of the day as I didn't want to carry the thoughts to next day.

Gauri03, Viswamitra and girvani like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Boys came home a bit irritated and tantramatic from school. But, after a good meal they were back on track. Did their homework, played with each other and went to bed happily. Thank God!