100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ask you shall receive ! How much truth in those words. Grateful to the Pharmacist who provided me with 2 days supply When I asked for an alternative as the medicine I needed badly was out of stock. I am glad I asked.

girvani, kaniths, Anisu and 3 others like this.
  2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Day 12 : Speaking to the elder sibling is always a joy. In our busy routine, was able to spend good time with her yesterday...

Gauri03, Viswamitra, girvani and 2 others like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Spoke to my friend who is juggling with two babies under 3. Discussed many things but what made us felt thankful is we both are thankful for where we were in life ( we both were grown up during the war back in SL) and we accepted at this phase of our life, it feels hectic but we believed that it will get better and years down the line we will cherish these memories too. One evidence for that is, I have such a collection of treasured memories about the period I was in the refugee camp.

kaniths, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 4 others like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 64 : I wanted to cut down my mobile usage. So yesterday downloaded an app to track the hours. It's a pretty good app. My target is to keep the usage at 1.5hrs a day . Yesterday's target was not achieved but slowly I can. :) trying to get there

5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am always surprised at how childlike dogs can be. My doggo's favorite toy is a dirty and frayed tennis ball. It is with her wherever she goes. If I put it in her toy box, she brings it back as soon as she realizes it is gone. At night she plays with it near my bed and inevitably the ball rolls under the bed. Like a naughty little kid she comes up to me and barks, as if saying, "mommy get my ball!" After retrieving her ball a dozen times from under the bed I shake my head and say "no, not again." Then she puts her face on my knee, makes Bambi eyes, and whimpers as if saying "please!" I find it insanely adorable! : )

Anisu, Anusha2917, Viswamitra and 3 others like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

ran many simulations as possible to figure out some solutions. Didn't find it. But I went to bed with the satisfaction that I have tried my best. I was so happy to see my quiet boy putting up his hands and answer during the Beavers session.

kaniths, Anisu, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

The motivational speaker who spoke last Sunday said that one of the best ways to increase self-respect is to find something that would make me feel good by helping someone in need. After finishing the Patient & Family Care and Transition training (the person who is ready to leave this planet physically) with the Hospice, I didn't move quick enough to volunteer. Monday, I met the Volunteer Coordinator at the nearest care center and signed up to volunteer every Saturday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to take care of a terminally ill patient. The fact that these hours are dedicated for someone in the last leg of his/her life and my presence next to him/her would make her feel comfortable gives me goose bumps.

Viswa

kaniths, Anisu, girvani and 3 others like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 65: The fight with my mobile usage continues. Though didn't achieve the target of 1.5 hrs, yesterday was better than day before. And I'm looking at curbing one more habit. Use of mobile as soon as a wake up and while going to bed. So achieved that. And also how I have underestimated the power of meditation. So I'm making it a habit start my day with meditation . Yes. Felt blissful whole of yesterday after just 10 mins of meditation and visualization in the morning. Felt like the day went without much worries and expectations .!

Anisu, Viswamitra, girvani and 2 others like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Having an evening off from kids activities energised me. Felt great to have that mini break.

kaniths, Gauri03, Giri12 and 3 others like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Today is my son's birthday and we were awake until midnight to have him cut a cake and wish him happy birthday. Every day we spent with him is not only enjoyable but a very learning experience. We would like to utilize every second with him when we could, before he becomes too busy with execution of his brilliant ideas.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    kaniths, jskls, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.