100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Called and spoke to all my dearest ones. Received many wishes and pictures of my rakhis worn lovingly. Kids enjoyed their own little celebration.

Bonus positive: At the start of the year I started a project to read War and Peace one chapter a day. I plodded along for a few months, then fell behind and almost stopped reading. Had I given up, it would have been my second unsuccessful attempt at reading the book. A couple of long flights and spells of involuntary digital abstinence helped me renew my acquaintance with Tolstoy's epic. I finished it today, four months before the deadline. It wasn't as insurmountable as I assumed it would be. To my surprise it turned out to be entertaining and enlightening in equal measures. I can honestly say I enjoyed it and someday when I am at leisure I will probably, definitely read it again.

Rihana, Srama, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Started the day with Chakra pooja as it was a full moon day and the rest of the day went peacefully.

Rihana, Srama, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

The week started beautifully. I had a blissful moment watching three boys playing football in the backyard. The next moment father kicked the ball and straightaway kicked me elder son's stomach. He cried but that cry was more for the cuddles. Altogether it was beautiful to watch them playing. Thank you, God.

Rihana, Laks09, Srama and 7 others like this.
  4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Had One on one talk with my DD for an hour. Not sure how much she has understood but i am putting my efforts.

Rihana, Laks09, Srama and 6 others like this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Daytime is getting shorter but the beauty is I get to watch the Sunrise while I am driving to the University. It is a blissful experience. Sun and I play lots of games during the 20 minutes drive. He is very good at hiding behind the clouds and when I get frustrated he will come out from the cloud with the big smile. He surely plays peek a boo with me. I love this.

Rihana, Gauri03, Giri12 and 6 others like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

29/08.
    Calm, unbothered or so I thought. A tiny poke is all it takes to break and open up I guess. :facepalm: Lol. Or maybe it's about the right person who could see through you and talk you out (of whatever sh•t that's been pulling you down). By which I mean 3hrs of pep talk, mind y'all! :smile: That's my person, not giving up on me. I'm thankful I have them in my life. #Respect

30/08
    Day starts with a better mood, I feel calm but for all the right reasons now. :blush:

kkrish, Rihana, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

30/08(2):
    Thank you Viswamitra, Jag and G for the encouragements, felt good to be on IL after a long while. :blush:

8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

It was a long day of many activities spanned. I was thankful when I hit the bed and felt content that the day was over and I did my best in all as I could have.

kkrish, Rihana, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Music is what i need to bring me back to normal mode. I was feeling terrible yesterday morning...listened to two songs..and my mood perfectly fine..all the unnecessary anger vanished..i am now sitting and thinking how silly i am!!

Giri12, kkrish, girvani and 4 others like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 32 Monday 8/27: Lousy day with man and machine being more obtuse than ever. The unlikely savior was social media. FB suggested a video of dogs smiling. They really can smile!

Day 33-34 Tuesday, Wednesday: 8/28,29: Lousy'ish week continues. Once again social media to the rescue. Long rant to friends on whatsapp. They reply line by line. Is whatsapp social media or messaging?

Day 35 Thursday 8/30: India vs England fourth test on TV. Kohli looks charming in the ads. : )

Just 15 more days to go to touch 50 days of positivity.

Giri12, Greenbay, Laks09 and 3 others like this.