100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

New academic year ... new responsibilities/ new beginning ... went well with minor hiccups...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Rihana, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

September 13th is Positive Thinking Day. Positive Thinking Day
    ==================

My positivity for the day is very concrete. Too concrete for my liking. Was sprinting up a flight of stairs still moist from the night's dew, lost my footing. Luckily, just stumbled and a small scrape on the ankle above the sock, but no other harm. Even luckier: no one around to witness how the sprinter fell.

Giri12, kaniths, Srama and 2 others like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Never thrusted my spiritual or religious beliefs on my own children. we are used to celebrating all festivals DD doing her HW comesup with something and realizes that she had no clue on Hinduism. Comes to me and says What is Hinduism? Give me brief outline on the principles. Voila this opens up a beautiful conversation between us and finally I said there is "Hinduism for dummies" do u want me to order that. Sarcastically she says "Thanks mom for calling me a dummy ". The essence of this conversation is I am glad that instead of forcing my beliefs on her though she is my own, I let her come to me asking for it.

Giri12, Sunburst, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Perfect day. Not too hot, not too cold. Blue skies with fluffy clouds and a soft breeze. Motivated me to step out from work and take a mid-afternoon walk.

Giri12, Rihana and kaniths like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I was giving live commentary about hurricane Irma until I lost power here in Florida online in IL. After that for two days, there was no power nor internet. First of all, these kind of catastrophic events humble us very much. I was wondering whether this kind of sustained wind power could be converted into positive energy for future use. Second, this gave a wonderful opportunity for all of us to spend time together for two days with no cable and no internet. We worked together in the yard to remove the debris, ate together and talked a lot. Neighbors were all very friendly helping each other. Humanity is always at its best when there is a catastrophic event.

Viswa

6. Rihana

Talked with my child on the phone after ten days. Aqua pura to parched earth.

7. Viswamitra

We have incorporated a new business on Wednesday, August 2, 2017 to distribute enterprise software solutions to various industries. Two major breakthroughs clients in 60 days one in the energy and another in healthcare about to execute contract in 30-60 days. Our target is to have 2 clients by the end of the year so that we can start executing the model from January 2018. We are way ahead of the target.

Rihana and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Viswamitra

I searched deep inside of me to find out where my anger comes from. I couldn't find it. When I don't pay attention, it appears and when I start looking, it disappears.

Viswa

Giri12, Gauri03, Rihana and 1 other person like this.
  9. Rihana

From the past few days -- got long pending works done, long pending words written, long pending reminders disseminated.

Made a little more peace with my mother's passing, with promises kept, and not kept. Words said and not said.

There's something deeply satisfying about giving a reminder when no action need be taken. A beautiful peace.

Giri12, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 3 others like this.
  10. Rihana