100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

All the ladies here will know what it takes to throw out the old washer/dryer that worked for 15 years and replace it with brand new ones. There was so much of dirt underneath and it took sometime to clean it. The delivery guys waited long enough until I cleaned the laundry room. Now I have a steam washer/dryer in place and my wife will be very happy when she returns from India.

My son was supposed to pick Orion up today and when he called yesterday, I thought he was going to give me an excuse. On the contrary, he told that he was able to solve the bug in his parallelized FORTRAN code and he will be free to come to Tampa and take Orion with him. I have the sweet home to myself for the next 35 days to explore some very nice books, cook food of my choice, exercise, do some strategic thinking and explore the difference between Medha Sakthi and Buddhi.

Giri12, Rihana, rossie and 2 others like this.
  2. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

After a wonderful 3.5 month vacation to india , my kid was crying like hell everyday once i reached us.as soon as she wakes , she used to cry asking to take her out and literally used to shiver . She got scared as she started missing her grand parents and we also had moved to a new apartment before going vacation . Everyday we used to be out whole day ( though it was winter) . Thank god , she found a friend here and now she is better . The positive point in this , though it was very painful for me i took it one day at a time and was trying different different things to pacify her

Giri12, Rihana and rachaputi like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Life's been kind the past few days. : ) On Thursday or Friday, after a longish conversation, the person ended the call with the remark,"You are a nice human being." I don't doubt the veracity of the remark, but to hear it from her was unexpected, and I carried a silly grin on my face for a while.

Saturday, exercised, cleaned the entire house, lunched and then fell into the lap of blessed oblivion. Woke up to a quiet house and some surprising me-time. Made maggi just for myself. The monkeys in the brain were also for once mostly silent.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Giri12, kaniths, rachaputi and 2 others like this.
  4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Everything normal, bloody mind not supporting

Why people turned so positive with me?
    Arethese posts gonna become kinda my diary?

Pulling myself to productive side

Giri12, Rihana and rossie like this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I'm still that rookie, trying to figure out how any relationship works or what makes it to.

I chose to let go someone new in my life, for someone I love very much now.

Also chose to let go someone I once loved, but had been holding on for years, memories hurting me for so long now.

Positive : There is so much peace in my head and life already. I'm moving on.

K-alm, No Storm.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Today's positivity is a simple one. Had a positive experience with a govt. office. Went there yesterday just 10 mins before closing time to submit a request, no line, the official very nice and chatty, got the document today morning.

For once, I didn't leave a govt. office grumbling to myself about "my tax dollars going to pay salaries of such people, for such service, and which moron devised the system and rules."

Giri12, Srinidhi007, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Another weekend, Another call. We had a good 10mins non stop laughter session talking abt all things thats 'non-sensical'! :laughing: Then she goes on and makes my day with more jokes and laughs.
    So she is, 'Gauri, the nerd in IL' is also silly, lot funnier and sometimes, a tinnny little bit dumb one too! ;) Lol. Nice to have met you here, Modji.

:beer-toast1:

Giri12 and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Both my DW and MIL feel this trip to India is realy boring in my absence. It is nice feeling to be missed but my goal was to give a decent vacation for my DW from her routines. After my DW told me how much she misses me, I feel bad I never said that before she did. Besides, I am publishing all my accomplishments in IP cooking and I don't want her to think I am having a great time. @Rihana, @justanothergirl and @kkrish, please save my skin. Hushhhhhhhhh.

P.S.: I will still try JAG's recent recipe but without making any noise.

Giri12, ashima10, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My peach tree is covered with little pink buds and the first of my cala lily shoots has popped it's head out of the soil. Feeling quite optimistic!

Giri12, ashima10, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  10. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Daily these silly fights of kids stress me at that moment, smiles me later :)

I don't want to loose what I am, so trying to avoid few people

Damn summer.. clumsy plans for holidays +heat ufff:(

People thinking in wrong ways in the name broad minded which not convincing me

After along time made a huge social service plan, which can't be possible:p In this process became fool by taking this to few people:facepalm:
    :oops:

Giri12 likes this.