1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“You too can choose to be happy and whistle in the rain!”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Shobha,
    As you have rightly pointed out our enemy is also within us in the form of hatred,jealousy and negative feelings such as these.They try constantly to smother the angel happiness that prevails in our hearts.It is up to us to drive away the negative qualities and preserve the God given happiness in us.

love
    mithila

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila
    That's a beautiful piece of writing imparting values to the readers. People who want bigger cars and bigger houses believe in just being happy. But there are some special people like Ramamurthy for whom communicating happiness is more important than being happy. When we have some desire fulfilled, it makes only us happy but when we communicate happiness, every one around us becomes happy and that makes us happier.

I have seen some people who want every one around them unhappy if they are unhappy but they never follow that principle when they are happy! An old relative of mine would not allow good food being made at home when he suffers from stomach trouble! People like Ramamurthy live a life of fulfillment by fulfilling others' needs. May their tribe increase!
    Sri

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Another sweet post from our sweet MithilaKannan!

It is always nice to read about good people like Ramamurthy. He is a rare being and we need many many more like him and also be able to learn from such people.

There are also people who help the needy through their clubs and associations. But at home, they may be unkind to their own elderly relatives! Hope true realization dawns on such ignorant behaviour!:bonk

L, Kamla

4. mithila kannan

Dear Mr.cheeniya,

Thank you for your words of appreciation.

I read somewhere that the words”if only”is one of the major culprits that stand in the way of our finding out happiness in life.man often goes on wishing for office promotions,a new car,prize in a lottery etc and etc,failing to realize or not caring, that they are temporary pleasures.When one desire is fulfilled another desire takes its place.These pleasures can not bring happiness because happiness is a lasting thing.

You help some one who needs that help very badly,and your timely help brings a smile on the face of the receiver.The happiness that the smile gives you is something to be experienced,to be appreciated.The fragrance that happiness brings to you, lingers with you for a life time.
    Ramamurthy has understood this principle, he wants real happiness,not faked pleasures.

You have mentioned about a person who wants every one around him unhappy when he is unhappy.There is an elderly man I know,when God blessed him with lovely grandchildre,he kept a sullen face,when his son got a promotion he kept a sullen face.His sons get him whatever he equires to make his life smooth,he is sullen.His reason is,"I did not earn like this when I was young.And I depend on my kids."Happiness is not eluding him, he is running away from happiness.
    Love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

Dear dear Kamla,
    Thank you for that lovely fb.
    If we look around,there are Ramamurthys,Lily the woman who sells flowers in our area,When I came to know that she was paying the school fees of two kids ,who are her neighbour's children,I was stunned.I asked her,"Can you afford this expense?why have you taken on such a big responsibility?"she said,"Amma,when these kids carry their school bags and go to school with smiling facesjust like any other school kids,my heart gets filled with joy."

There are associations and clubs that provide timely help to the needy.But when an individual feels the need to help a person who needs the help, without expecting anything in return,the happiness that one gets is something else.

There are people who try their hands in helping others,to get name and fame which are superficial.Thay know not what is real happiness.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  6. Radheshyam

Radheshyam Senior IL'ite

A thought provoking post!

Helping others does make a person happy and contented. Some do it to feel good about themselves, while some do it to charge their "puniyam" account, some do it for the credit behind the action, some do it expecting something in return; But, considering themselves lucky to help the other person shows how humble and unassuming that person truly is.

A good one, Mithilama !

Cheers!
    Radheshyam.

7. mithila kannan

My dear Radheshyam,
    Thank you for visiting the thread and giving your fb.

considering themselves lucky to help the other person shows how humble and unassuming that person truly is.

Yes,a humble person is the Lord's favourite and Lord reserves a place for him in his kingdom.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  8. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

What a wonderful post by a wonderful person!

Dear Mami,

Very true. Aren't Ramamoorthy and others like him fulfilling the philosophy of " Paropakarardham Idham Sareeram"? What is the purpose of this life if we do not do that little bit for someone else ,other than our own. We all know the immense pleasure it gives us when we do it. When plants and trees and animals are able to give why not us humans who are supposed to be higher beings?

Enjoyed reading,
    Love,
    Usha

9. mithila kannan

My dear usha,
    Thank you dear for that fb.When I was young and when I used to see a calf being taken away from its mother,because the man wanted the cow's milk,I used to feel so sad.Man decies how much milk the calf could have from its mother.Wretched man.

Yes if helping some onewho direly needs your help makes youhappy,then you are a noble soul.

Paropakarardham Idham Sareeram

when I read that quote I felt as if I was standing in the summer shower,enjoying.
    Suddenly I saw in my mind's eye.an old small temple .Why did I see that?I don't know.I think I have bored you enough.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010