1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“You too can choose to be happy and whistle in the rain!”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear srisai,
    Thank you,dear for taking your time to read this post and give your feed bck.Iam happy that you liked the post.
    love
    mithila

2. mithila kannan

My dear Padmini,
    I enjoyed reading your thought provoking fb.
    There is a legend that says once Brahma felt that man was taking the happiness that was bestowed upon him for granted,so he wanted to hide happiness,in a place where man can not find it so easily.So many ideas were coming forth from the rishis and others who were in his court.Some said ,"let us hide happiness in the deep ocean".But Brahma said that man will somehow find it.Some sid,"Let us hide happiness on a mountain",Brahma said,"Man would easily climb the mountain and find it there.Finally he said,"We will hide happiness within the man,he will not look for it there that easily."I think it is a timteted proof.Many of us don't know that we can be truely happy by changing our attitudes,for attitudes decides one's altitude.Seek happiness in helping the needy,make this your attitude in life,then you get a place,a place of honour in the Kingdom of God.
    love
    mithila

3. mithila kannan

My dear TL,
    Thanks for that lvely fb.
    We find happiness by becoming happy,by moulding ourselves into personalities that enjoys the joy of living and also enjoys in shaing it with othes.
    love
    mithila

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mithila
    Being quite new to IL I'm sorry I didn't know you are back after a long illness... Please accept my GET WELL WISHES... and may you never face any ill - health here after...
    I really feel so lucky to be here on IL where we get all round entertainment... right from humour to simple life thought provoking mails....
    Ramamurthy is definitely a role model to look up to...
    Like you said to someone in your reply that happiness is within ones inner self we just have to make that extra effort to find it..
    K

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear mithila mam,

I totally agree with you. There is some unexplainable pleasure in making someone else happy. Yes, at my semiretired stage I do offer help to young mothers here (as I am very fond of kids) but when they turn out to be real brats or the mothers take me for granted I do regret offering help.:hide:
    But I always have a weakness for the elderly and very young kids. I do not expect anything in return nor do I mind them taking me for granted. :)

6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Mithila Ma.
    loved your narration as partly its my habitual character.Dunno from childhood am with the quality of extending hands.Honestly I love to do so just to catch the smile from whomsoever.
    and the satifaction..Oh God give me one more CHANCE to live and let make otheres live with smile.The one and only ascertain in my life.
    Before getting into married life always in thought of Mother Theresa and planned to join with her.
    Man proposes:God disposes. my plans were lapped out(I thought as it was),but NO.Now there were four hands ,sometimes six.
    YES.God had given me the most supportive hubby(always with others crops in hand) and son.Now,WE the whole family do whatever we can.
    Am I not the LUCKIEST one?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  7. mithila kannan

My dear dear K,
    Thank you for that nice fb and your warm wishes.Once I started typing I felt better,when I felt better my health also improved.I need you all with me,that is the tonic for my happiness.

I feel that happiness is creative.You can get it only by doing your duty diligently,working hard,make sacrifices to make others happy and in loving others.

love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear Mindian
    Yes it irritates you when your care and your timely help istaken for granted.There are people who get their works done by others because of teir laziness.Such cases have to be avoided.

Dear Mindian,Iam not surprised that you are fond of children and elderly people ,I can visualise only that way.May God bless you,dear!
    love
    mithila

9. mithila kannan

My dear dear Saroj,
    It a pleasure to get your fb.

Oh God give me one more CHANCE to live and let make otheres live with smile.

I simply loved that expressionGood that you got married ,that too to a wonderful person who supports you.And you have a son who will imitate both of you and turn out to be a great humanbeing full of love for others.
    love
    mithila

10. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Mithila Aunty

Good Post. I really feel our enemy is within us in the form of greed, hatred, jealousy , anger and many other qualities.

To overcome all this, have noble thoughts and good heart like ramamurthy is a big challenge.

Truly Great that person is.

regards
    Shobha