1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Where are you going to ……”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Vishal,

Feels great to receive your very first fb,

Thanks so much for the sweet words of appreciation!

Regards,
    Padma

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma,

Reading the title, I was reminded of the Diana Ross song that goes

Do you know where you are going, do you like the things that life is showing you,do you get what you are hoping for, when you look behind you, there is no open door, what are you hoping for, do you know? We have left so many dreams slip through our hands,why must we wait so long to see how sad the answers to those questions can be?

I too used to wonder why is it that wherever we go, there is a whole lot of people too either in that direction or we have to wade through to the other side. But then, I realized that I wouldn't have encountered all these people unless I too were going somewhere like them.

But then, I am not sure whether they are going somewhere to find something or returning from somewhere after finding whatever it was they were looking for.

Now with the holiday season here, the mad rush to the stores will go on for another few weeks. Of course, thanks to online shopping, the rush is a little less these days.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  3. Padmasrinivas

Dear Usha,

Diana Ross' song still rings in my ears, makes so much more sense now than it did in those days!

I can picture the rush of people streaming with or past us as you describe the scene... here too, the malls are always full of shoppers, window or otherwise, no matter what season it is, walking aimlessly, maybe just to pass the time...

And another question springs to mind... does one find what one is looking for or is it a futile quest?

Good to see you here, thanks so much Usha...

Love,
    Padma

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear paddu,

a very typical padma post...:) But I too have thought about this many times...our hurry and urgency in doing anything or going anywhere...after that ,really what or where?

a beautiful post dear:)

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear Mindi,

Thanks for the lovely words of appreciation, Mindi my friend...

I do realise that my posts usually end up on a spiritual note... cannot seem to stop myself!

Do excuse the delayed acknowledgement, dear

Loads of love,
    Paddu

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,

You write and it touches! Yes Padma, I think you are a true 'thinking' soul and have the knack of putting your thoughts perfectly to pen. At the first read, it appears simple, but soon the lofty idea behind those words catches one's spirit and thoughts.

Why is it that I am not wondering and thinking about all these things? After all, like you and Paulina, I am in the same stage of life. I should be sitting back and musing and working towards my own 'moksha, nirvana, mukti'.

But here I am, one of those people who are in a hurry to go somewhere...Not that I want to, but I must!

On a lighter note, wish it was Saravanabhava that I was going to!!:):bonk

Thanks to writers like you, it atleast pushes my restless mind to stop and give it a thought.

Also, thanks for the nomination of this post, got this busy bee here to enjoy a few words of sanity. Congrats!

L, Kamla

7. Padmasrinivas

Dear Kamla,

Such wonderful words, yours kudos are making me walk in the clouds while I thought I had my feet firmly planted on the ground!

One is able to share all these thoughts as we are all on the same plane or stage of life... each one going towards nirvana or moksha in different ways and at our own pace, I guess

Thank you so much for stopping by to put your views so lucidly, Kamla dear

Love,
    Padma