Finally decided to quit my job and start working on my dream

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by manasa_gs, Dec 9, 2009.

1. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Archana,
    Okay. Let the initial investment be 25,000 Rs. Now you can add your points.

2. shiviraj

shiviraj New IL'ite

Hi Manasa,

Nice to hear about your business start.

i quit my job last month and concentrating fully in business. I started home based textile business . In my experinence surat is a good place for synthetic materials especially for sarees .For cotton stuf (sarees,chudhi materials) calcutta, mumbai are the good place to buy in whole sale .

kurtas is fast moving dress material in chennai. Normally i used to concentrate i daily wear kurats in the range of 180 to 300 .

I am lookig for business partners to promote the business. If your are intertesed we will meet and discuss .

Regards,
    shiviraj

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
  3. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    thanks so much for all the replies...really sorry for the late reply, my inlaw was not well, has to look after her for the whole week, now she is ok..

Ladies, sorry for not mentioning everyone's name, this is due tolack of time, iam so excited to read all the replies, archana, shanvy whatever you said is perfectly true. iampllanning to visit lot of places , iam still serving the notice period at office, once that is over, will have to go all the places....

i dont know why, iam right now looking at only materials, i think i have wrongly said somewhere i near a college, i said iam just rtargeting at colelge gals, my house is not near a colelge....

My plan is to open stalls at apartments, offices, this is my initial step to learn the business, coz iam myself new to business, first i have to learn how to sell, and i thought this would be the best way.....

Yeah shiviraj, surat is the best place to get synthetic, and ahmedabad is the best place to get cotton....

Archana waiting for yur reply, on starting a boutique with that investment mentioned by Shel?? you seem to be a talented gal man.... :)

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Guys,

Sorry - didnt follow this thread. Holiday mood now at office, and I am beign bundled with work. Gimme the weekend, and I will post in detail!

Arch

5. shiviraj

shiviraj New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My dream is to open Boutique, hence new to the textile field i decided to start with small investment to understand in and out of it.
    I have invested intially 25000 and sold almost 80% of the materails within 2 months. But i dont know how to proceed next in it.

From indusladies i understand lot of them interested in this textile field, why dont we form a group "Home Based Textile business " with small investement and share our experience and knowledge and work together with all our unique materials and ideas.

Regards,:)
    shiviraj

6. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Shivraj,

Was your 80% of the sales done to people who know you well- friends, associates or was it to a new crowd - like you put up a stall, met people in a event etc? To whom did you sell?

Arch

7. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Hey Archana, waiting for ur previous reply abt starting a boutique.... :)

8. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Friends,
    I have few more questions here..

Incase if iam setting up a stall, i have to take two three gals with me, can someone tell me how much i need to pay them on a daily basis. Suppose i put a stall in some company for two days, i need those gals for two days, how much i need to pay them.

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Manas,

I do remember, now please gimme a little more time -pucca, by this weekend!

Regarding your question - Depends on what you are selling/how experienced or educated the girls are. College students come on part time for as less as Rs.300 per day. They speak good english, look plesant and can do very good work. On the other hand, if it is just working and no being smart, then a maid's daughter would do - say for Rs. 150- Rs.200 a day. I have worked with some housewives, below the poverty line for as low as Rs.50 a day - for 6 hours.

Arch

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  10. poza

poza Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry m here after long time. seen your threads, finaly you gave up job and start something of your own. Good, first of all congratulation. wish you all the best. pls let me know if i can help you as i ve vewry good collection of handbag, Bandhni saree, and bandhni dress material. But my Range is high. not cheap one, quality assured. so be in touch.