1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

All About Paints

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by Vidu29, May 30, 2009.

1. dilsemong

dilsemong New IL'ite

Hi,

I want to know, is there any difference between glass painting and reverse glass painting? Plz. post me.

Regards
    Viji

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Hello Viji

My idea is that any painting done on glass is usually done on the reverse side and viewed from the otherside. That way, u get the good (the non-painted side) exposed to view. So, according to me all are reverse glass painting.

Gayathri

3. dilsemong

dilsemong New IL'ite

Hi Gayathri

Thank you very much for your info.

Regards
    Viji

4. pai

pai Gold IL'ite

Hi..!! Can anyone guide me as to what are Gel colors?? I know one is that which is used in melted wax used to make colored candles...but is there some diff. kind? ...brand..?

5. aathreyasa16

aathreyasa16 New IL'ite

hi this is sreedevi frm bangalore...

6. SoniaJain

SoniaJain New IL'ite

What type of Glass Painting is that in which painting is done on the basis of background like which part comes first or should be highlighted?

7. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

Re: FBs on "ALL About Paint"

If you use brushes with natural bristles (they are the best), don't use just any thinner to clean them. Oil paint brushes (i.e. solvent based paints) should be cleaned with odorless thinner available in art stores, not the thinner from hardware stores. Acrylic paint brushes can be cleaned just with water, might take several rounds to get them clean. Bob Ross site recommends that we never use soap to clean brushes as they leave a film on the brushes. Having said that, there are some interesting tips on this site, check it out: http://emptyeasel.com/2007/01/26/how-to-clean-your-paint-brushes-after-oil-painting/

8. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Tips on Oil Painting

Was reading a book on oil paints : Though I might share something that I learnt there (I am just learning oil paints)

Always have Fat over Lean
    This means that when painting, the background is to be painted with an oil paint without mixing lot of oil it. Rather use a thinner if you want to loosen up the paint . Then start painting with paints with added oil.

The more oil is present, the more time it requires to dry.
    So the bottom most layer of paint (background) is to be without oil (LEAN) and on top of that paints with oil (FAT) can be used so that your painting doesn't crack or dries correctly!

9. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Can anyone help me on getting the right fabric paint? My requirement is to paint on a silk cotton material with golden color and a medium brown with a metallic/glittery finish...my idea is to paint them like polka dots..please help with the right brushes too...:spin

10. arul4craft

arul4craft New IL'ite

Re: ***Oil painting Tips***

really wonderful tips thank you very much