Corruption in temples

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by sangeetamahajan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. sangeetamahajan

sangeetamahajan New IL'ite

Recently, I went to Vaishno Devi and was a horrified to see that even in Mata ka Darbar there was corruption... :rant We were standing in the line for darshan and I saw some "VIP" looking people just walk right pass us and went inside.

Later, I heard that they had paid the security people to let them go sooner. I was so angry that I can't tell you.

What are your views about this?

2. madras43

madras43 New IL'ite

It happens in many temples including Tirupati. Only temple I know which does not have these corruption issues is Guruvayur temple.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Rightly said,
    very sad that even god had to witness corruption
    you find people with ill health,holding small children ,coming from far off places sometimes other states and countries standing in queue
    and all of a sudden u find so called vips
    (only when u consider money) doing this
    i know its really annoying but i guess no one can dare to ask in public of whats happening??
    and u cant blame government too becuase they cant keep a track of all temples also

4. shahanakhan

shahanakhan New IL'ite

I just don't understand one thing... Don't these people who bribe others to get ahead in line feel like they are cheating God? I am Muslim, so I don't know if it happens in all the temple, but I also heard that Amitabh bachchan got special treatment in Tirupati temple.

This is wrong...

5. snowshiva

snowshiva Senior IL'ite

now a days Corruption is life God in India....it is there everywhere:thumbsup

6. bindhusubi

bindhusubi Senior IL'ite

And there are some special darshans available in most of the big temples. if you pay in thousands, you'll get to see God very near. what i don't understand, does it really matter? if u c God from near or far:confused2::confused2:.