Summer meet

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by Arabudupi, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi girls

I am just posting today's meet as a separate thread as it went unnoticed by some of our our fellow ILites. For those who saw the post late, to be clear here are the details:

Venue: CApitol garden, Hamdan (behind EGM)
    Time: 6 pm.

Those who still want to join us you are welcome. We will be near the fountain. For those who do not have anyone's contact details this would help in locating us.

See you girls......

2. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

okey dokey! as confd with you AU, i will call you at 530 and confirm where we meet to procedd to capitol garden. my courier is arriving in under half an hour. so i should be fine...

3. Ruhaanee

Ruhaanee Senior IL'ite

Hi Girls,

I am late here,

if anybody can PM me their mobile number I will appreciate.

I am not sure, but I will try to make it in the evening.

Regards,

4. sandyr

sandyr New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

Guess wont be able to make it this time (being the first time though !!!) running behind schedule to finish a report......so hope to see you all next time......

5. priya_mary

priya_mary Senior IL'ite

Hi all

How was your meet?

6. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

How come no one got back after the repot here??
    It was good, my first meeting, i met arabudupi, aharia, nandini and baby girl, tom and jerry with her kids, sang 12, mullai.. i think i got all the names, sincee apologies if i missed anyone! T & J is going home this weekend, have a great holiday..
    ladies, nice to have met all of you.
    Mullai: thanks so much for the al jazeera sports club info. we went and saw the place last night. is good. we went after 5pm today, was too crowded, so we plan to go early tomorrow....

7. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Viveka.. thanks for posting the feedback about the meet. Normally I'm the last one to do it and surprised why the regulars like aharia and nandini were quiet too. It was a nice meet as usual, small crowd but good gup shup...Special thanks to Mullai for the surprise visit. Ruhanee, i didnt see your post on that day, else would've messaged you my contacts. Do try to make it next time with your little one.

Firdous.. i'm waiting to see you... We chose capitol garden as you said your dotty will be busy and happy there and you didnt turn up!!! It was a wrong place to choose on this weather but I'm happy that we enjoyed the gathering in spite of the heat. Thanks girls once again and hope to see you allll after the vacation.

Our photographer Aharia has clicked some pics. We should give her a little time to upload them as she would have been busy with her anniversary celebrations.

8. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi girls,
    sorry for the late feed back,no need for any thanks etc, etc i was suppose to the attend the earlier meet but could not make it.It was nice to meet you people though it was a short one because of the weather ,Hope to meet up with you people after the hols.
    hi viveka , hope you have a nice time in the pool!
    mullai

9. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

Hi to all the IL AUH ladies..
    yes, thanks mullai, we finally took the membership this morning.. and enjoyed the pool for an hour and half.. as usual, i was useless.. have been scared to put my head in the water for 30 years now... but my girls havent forgotten what they learnt, they were able to practice all their strokes.. the pool was kind of full and noisy between 10 and 11 since some team coaching was going on... after they left, the pool was quiet and peaceful... since it is such a beautiful pool, we could still manage a few feet of our own private space and relax...

10. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite