IL Valentine! - Contest for February 2009

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunja

sunja Senior IL'ite

hi,
    sunja here. Well I am not familiar with anyone here but still I would like to
    nominate Krishnaamma:thumbsup as Isee her on IL everywhere:clap​

2. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to nominate 'Iyerviji'. I am a relatively new ILite and from whatever little i have interacted i can tell she is a great person bringing smiles across all our face thru her popular thread 'How are you' and ofcourse her poetry in b/w.

revathi

3. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hai lata,

thanks, that footnote was a punch of humor
    i know yr hospitality
    i couldnt drop in frequently bcos of work
    otherwise i miss you all

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

I also wish to thank the Induslady and the super moderators of this forum for giving us such a wonderful time and information besides knowledge and help us to lead a life of wellness with great recipes and do's and dont's.

Since we cannot nominate them, I forbid from doing that.

Apart from that, I really follow regularly blogs and messages posted by the following members and I like them to be my valentines.

Oviya, Krishnamma, Sujata03, Devika Menon, Kanaka, Shanvy, Anand Chitra, Malspie, Sriniketan, Lalita Shivguru etc.

I find Oviya a very warm and friendly person. So my vote goes to her.

Best Regards
    Shantisubra

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Revathi

I am thrilled and touched and have no words to express my feelings. You dont know me much but still you have nominated me. Thanks my dear.
    May God bless u

with love and blessings
    viji

6. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Its a nice way to express why we like someone and appreciate the loved ILite. I'm relatively new to the site and didn't have much interaction to know many ILites. Everyone here is so caring and loving whenever someone asks for advice we have so many replies.
    I wanted to nominate all those i like but have to go with one for now. Ok but at least i can mention about others
    I have a few names to nominate for various reasons:
    Saraswathipv - she was the one to welcome me to IL and was so nice also my first friend here. She likes sports like me and her favourite sportsman is Sauravda like me.
    Ria2006 - I loved her clarity of thoughts and understanding about the most important relationship while going through one thread.
    Infinitehopes - She is soo Marathi to the core like me.
    Chitvish Chitra mam - She goes to the heart through yummy receipies.
    Paulina - She is so nice with me and loves animals like me. also one of my early friends here.
    And last is my nomination
    Sriniketan - Her warmth touches me. She loves my Shona and also the animals so much. Also one of my first few friends here. Also her other posts show her maturity and care.

Sorry to others.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I am glad to know that I am in your valentine list...shanthisubra..

Vaidehi, glad to see my nomination here from you...sure to keep up to your words..and expectations..:)

sriniketan

hemchi likes this.
  8. sudhasrk

sudhasrk New IL'ite

hi
    i am regular and not only that i spent most of my times here (whenever time permits).i am really thankful to the the indus lady and the super moderators o the forum for doing such a great work.infact this is helping us with lots of knowledge and information, thus leading to a life of great awareness and wellness of many wonderful things .also the consoling words and advices must have been really a great solace to all. i have afew memmbers to here to cast my votes but only one can be nominated. so i cast my vote to shanvy as she a wonderful person in all aspects.

9. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Hi to all

( first of all, I did not go through all the pages, just saw the nominees)

I waited all this time, thinking being a new IL'ite, it wouldn't be fair to nominate, from among the very few whom I've read. So.....waited all this time to get to know more of IL and IL'ites.

I have one question and one comment! Question is, on what criteria is this nomination? Is it that I don't know, or is it that there is no specific criteria??

(based on that doubt) My comment- I have learnt lot many things about different IL'ites. I have got closer to few, I love somebody else, I admire somebody else's writing, I find lots of similarities with somebody else (she could become my best freind), I bow down to few, who are ever ready to reach out a hand....advice, tips, prayers....in all areas of life, I like few who just make the day by distributing smiles and laughter!

I just cannot choose "one" out of the so many Il'ites that I love or admire!! I really dont know.....and just came here to say that! I feel, every IL'ite here "gives", and I :bowdown to all!!

All the best!!:thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anaamika,

Appreciate your kind words for all IL'ites here. I do agree that it is tough to nominate one IL'ite when there are many IL'ites that you like, love, respect and admire. But the challenge of this contest is to pick and choose the best (whom you think is the best based on your participation in IL) IL'ite and nominate her. If many think your choice of best is their best choice too, then that one best person becomes the IL Valentine.

To answer your question "on what criteria is the nomination?", please refer post#1 of this contest thread. You may find an answer to your question in that post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.