General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Believe me, it wasn't fun ...we all got a slap each...just because we were on the same lawn with the fighting kids...

( but actually we had a good time with all types of emotions involved; friends and fights.. well until we got slapped that is)

Greenbay and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Between B for birth and D for death there is C for Chai jiske bina zindagi adhuri hai (there is C for Chai without which life is incomplete)

Adda naya ho ya purana, mazaa toh hai jab mil bait the hai theen yaar - aap, hum our chai (Be it old tea shop or new, there will be fun when 3 friends sit together - me you and chai)

SpringB, Greenbay, Vaikuntha and 3 others like this.
  3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Absolutely !!
    Deviyon aur sajjano, chaliye hum aur aap milkar chai peete hai kahee samay samapti ki ghoshna na aajaye !!

Greenbay and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

What? Gossip on listen only mode without adding a spark is like a vegetable with no vitamins and minerals. :facepalm:

Of course women chew those nutritious veggies to get all the juices out to the last drop .

Men , I guess , would be interested in chewing as well . but keeping up with the societal expectations would only intake plain white carbs , no fibre .
    One such reason my H gives is to understand the thought process of women behind the gossip which i am sure is a lie , he simply enjoys listening to it.
    But you are right , what is a gossip if it doesnt reach char log :clapclap:

SpringB and Greenbay like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

This has been on my mind for long. So I'll bring it out of my mind today.

How is divorce an "easy solution " to all marital problems?
    I have seen quite a few replies here where the immediate option for any problem in marriage is divorce and I immediately think "why divorce , is there no other option left there "?

Now I'm not against divorce or divorcees. I respect their decision. But when I see solutions "Divorce him/her " it makes me wonder why such a reply is given.?

SpringB, Sunshine04, shravs3 and 3 others like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Quoting the whole post might offer you the answer.
    Divorce is the mere formalizing of the reality of a lack of marriage.
    Perhaps that suggestion is the equivalent of:

OTOH, perhaps it was a hint at the eventual reality for the OP of that thread.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@Anusha2917
    I saw your "be stubborn!" advice to the same OP. RFLOL and so sweet too. :kissingheart:
    No wonder you are miss pleasant-positive for us all.
    If that poor woman is ready/able to reason with her husband or his parents, she'd not be in the predicament she is now.

Older parents without a lot of money to deal with the healthcare system in the USA, move there in their retirement years with the unintended goal to bankrupt their children with their medical bills. We have (in America) had a Nobel prize winner selling his medal, as well as going bankrupt without being able to meet his medical bills late in life. It is a stupid system, and we suffer it. And besides, married people are held liable JOINTLY for all of their payments due.

Divorce is also a bitter medicine that is taken by some loving couples in end-of-life planning in America, so that a very sick spouse will not end up causing the destitution of his (usually it is a "his", no?) beloved, when she survives him and becomes liable for his medical care bills.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

I think it’s more of a generational progression. What my grandmother and mother tolerates in their marriage is not what I can tolerate today. And what I can tolerate is definitely not what the next gen can. In A lot of scenarios, when we read about abuse or complete lack of communication or trust, it’s more than likely that the relationship is going to head nowhere. I hinted at ending the marriage to someone who was slapped by spouse in the presence of in-laws. When there is no ‘safe zone’, I think divorce is the option.And for some reason, counseling results in western couples are more positive compared to ours no?

Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Negotiation is a part of not just professional life but personal life too!
    Having a negotiation with your husband helps in solving problems with in laws.
    "Let's do this for your parents" should always be followed by "let's also do this for my parents" or something of that sort. Give and take policy. One should learn the art of negotiation ! Otherwise small issues cannot be handled and seems like a never ending problem.

SpringB, Vaikuntha and Amulet like this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha:smile:.... at counseling the western couple get to know more about the financial costs of legal assistance in the divorce, joint-custody (if there are kids), expected payments of one to the other, record keeping requirements for the custodial parent, restrictions for the movement of parents and how it might affect their careers, and sometimes a whole lot more. With such a lot of hassles, parents would end up wishing for a retroactive birth control.

In desh, the family law system is patently designed to subjugate women, and show them an opportunity cost that is lower to stay in slavery, than to become independent.

KayKuyil and Vaikuntha like this.