Us Born Desi Girl Student - Doctor Aspiration In Doldrums

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:US born desi girl student - doctor aspiration in doldrums

Today (Tuesday 20th Aug, ‘19) the hindu reported in news column -

Tamilnadu high court ordered student to produce Indian citizenship proof within few weeks failing which her admission stand annulled and payment of fine ₹10 lacs.
    See news copied below for information & dissemination.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Without checking basic citizenship how come her application processed so far and given admission? 10 lacs fine for her, for govt not rejecting her application in step1

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello:But your FB I wouldn’t have seen it now of an error . The image of the Hindu article posted with the POST has not appeared here. When I checked before clicking to post it was there.
    Anyways now I shall try to post it and thereading of which would give better picture.

upload_2019-8-20_22-33-33.jpeg

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:My efforts to correct the omission and commissions in posting does not fruitily as the The hindu containing the particular article is misplaced in my hovel.

2. However the article I read implies the citizenship was an after thought and few affected and disgruntled have gone to court resulting Chennai High court ordering the newly admitted student of first year into MBBS course against quota reserved for state candidates.
    3. The affected student - She was born in USA returned with her parents long ago to Chennai and completed her basic education in chennai and at no stage her citizenship came in the way.
    4. The court had gone through the terms and conditions of admission of the concerned college and inter alia found discontinuing studies at any stage would result in wastage of a seat and therefore a fine of ₹10 lacs to be paid to govt.
    . This lead the madras high court deciding the case with issue of an impractical or impossible to comply order, that the student should produce evidence of her Indian citizenship by a specific date failing which she would pay the fine immediate
    KY and forsake her admission to the medical course
    6. Those of Indians planning to return sooner or later may kindly note this & disseminate among like minded.
    Best wishes to emigrants and their wards.
    Regards.

God - route to all courses around the world is chaotic including suez channel and Baltimore channel

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019