Forgive And Forget..what To Do When Neither Is Easy?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sweety2019, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

It could be because u havent really 'ignored' them. U seem to b craving attention from these people pretending to ignore them rather. Are they really that important to u that their opinion matters? You want to be accepted by these people? I am confused as to what u r looking for exactly..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Maybe u could stop being self less and become more self-centered. Save urself from the pain !

Thyagarajan and Myliltwincesses like this.
  3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Forget doesnt happen. U heal but the scar stays n yes occassionally u'l b reminded as well. But that's only if its a 'past' issue. If its a 'present' issue maybe its ur expectation thats the cause and each time u prick that wound of 'past' thats trying to heal the 'present' will still bleed. So best is to shut that 'past' door for ur own good n well-being

Thyagarajan and Sweety2019 like this.
  4. Myliltwincesses

Myliltwincesses Silver IL'ite

Hi sweety,
    Some people will never realize their mistakes and they quickly blame us.Only our time would get wasted if we try to justify ourselves.I had let them think that I am a bad person.I accepted very late that I don't need anyone to certify that I am good.My conscience knows that I am not bad.

When they blamed me, I didn't get angry.I simply told them that this was result of what they did to me and said I could never be blamed for that.I didn't fight and never expected anything from them. I have some responsibilities towards them and I would do that without fail.

Some incidents change us a lot and teaches us lesson which could never be forgotten.

Stay calm and believe that you are good.

5. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

They are important to the person who is important to me..and if a change is possible by my end I would want to try it..but sometimes I hurts when the effort goes unrecognised..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Then perhaps the person who is important would equally understand both ur efforts as well as ur importance to them and accept that u have been trying hard to win them over. But if ain't happening ask the person to guide u or change ur strategy. Of its like a group of people, divide n get their attention or manipulate the weakest in the group so ot works to ur benefit. U tried the righteous method n u failed perhaps a twisted road might get u on track..

Thyagarajan and Sweety2019 like this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Everyone is normal and has expectations. For that thing I started observing the karma thing. What they do they daily suffer for that with one thing or other and by fulfilling my duties I get their blessings and get less suffering in my life. That keep me going. It's like no negative marks plus the positive marks gives you more positive marks.

Thyagarajan, Sweety2019 and Sandyr46 like this.
  8. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for the advice..
    I will try my best to follow what was advised..
    I might have sounded too childish and I do want the attention for my effort or I might be selfish wanting somethings only for myself..

Yes I am not able to be completely selfless..but I guess I have a long way to mature into a lady..
    And thank you all for the experienced advices..

Thyagarajan and Sandyr46 like this.
  9. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Its ok dear, we all hv been thru that phase. But we never had this kind of platform to discuss. Hope things get resolved for u soon.

Sweety2019 and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the query.
    2. What is weighing heavily over time lightens. Far too many incidents. At age 12 it was quite a heavy burden. When I attained age 18, I felt it was nothing and I wasted my gray matter brooding over it for long.
    3. Passage of time cures but forgiving soon than later frees mind for sure for other positive pursuits and freedom from getting depressed and other mental and health issues.

Regards.
    God Bless.

hridhaya, shreepriya and Sandyr46 like this.