1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mood-boosting Power Of Pets

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by verdadencho, Aug 12, 2019.

1. verdadencho

verdadencho New IL'ite

Studies have found that:
    • Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
    • People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets. One study even found that when people with borderline hypertension adopted dogs from a shelter, their blood pressure declined significantly within five months.
    • Playing with a dog or cat can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
    • Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
    • Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
    • Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.
    • While people with pets often experience the greatest health benefits, a pet doesn’t necessarily have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help reduce muscle tension and lower pulse rate.
    source:
    Mood-Boosting Power of Pets - HelpGuide.org | anysubj.com

Your opinion? :) I personally have a pet, my lovely little dog. And I agree with these statements. What do you think about it?

2. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ofcource it's true,I have a pet dog which is my first time pet in my life,after his entry my life totally changed am become full time care taker to him still he is 5mintgs and due to that my hubby felt like I avoided him totally..
    But he is the reason what I am now,when am down he gives me lot of love and if am not well he never distrubs me and waits till I get up and took him for walks,never beg for food if am unwell..
    4yrs back I had abortion at that time he cam to my life,and totally changed me... before u used to sit alone and cry alot and felt like am alone ..once he came am never felt am alone..he always cheers me with his funny tasks and looks and always wants to play with balls..
    After he came I became more active and lot my excess weight and became healthy..
    Now with out him I can't think even a single day ..I used to share everything with him. he is a good listener too...
    Now am 26weeks pregnant and used to say him now ur going to be brother and u have to stop all ur naughty things and behave like a adult and take care of you and your coming baby,once I said those words he used to go to corner and sits there by keeping his face as a small puppy...he wants all the attention to him onl..but likes children alot..
    Don't know how to manage both of them at the same time in future but with out my pet I can't be ...

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@verdadencho
    You are absolutely on dot. Yes having pets around found to be instrumental in keeping the person less stressed , lower BP, and facilitates optimal production of helpful hormones including dopamine, Serotonin and some more. It is also clinically proved hugging produce similar effects. HUG pets & kids the effect seems to be mutual.

An incurable dejected person for long in the family was left with a sick dog and the person who was all along acted like a misanthrope, turned kind to dog and began taking good care of it . He began feeding and going around with it for daily walk and over a period, he became cordial with every one in the family. His depression disappeared and he began getting zest for living for others. This is gist of a true story recently appeared in press & popular TV Channel in States.

Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.