1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do The Children Need Such High I. Q?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jayasala42, May 31, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank youThyagarajan Sir, for the valuable response. You have provided more hints to the snippet.
    Very often it is presumed that intelligence and rustic looks go together and I don't know why.Mostly conclusions are arrived on the basis of results.The probability of the contra also exists in this world.

Especially arguments in respect of choice of partners may take up an ugly turn and may end up abruptly.
    In the particular instance, I have quoted, the parents who hold a respectable status in Kumbakonam are thoroughly upset and even after 6 years they are unable to come to turns.They allow their daughter to come and see them, while the Jew son-in-law is accommodated in a star hotel with children.Even this is said to be the beginning of transformation.People who were proud of their family status in the village , seem to have lost all their prestige and they hesitate to connect to anyone.The gossip mongers utilise this opportunity to degrade.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42 OMG, I just realised the hypocrisy in this. Tambrahms are the Indian Jews. They are expected to marry within themselves, have all these different customs and traditions. Even the right and auspicious time to consummate the marriage will be found so that good progeny will be begotten. Tambrams are extremely successful in the areas of their choosing - be it arts, cinemas, business, sports. They have even won Nobel prizes - there are totally 8 Indian Nobel prize winners, out of which three are Tamil. All three are Brahmins as well. :)
    You sound just like my father, so much that I had to go check your profile . :) :)
    I just wanted to say this - why does it all come down to family prestige at the end of the day? So the parents acted all superior (Brahm you see). Then the daughter brings home a Jewish mapillai and it is all lost? How and why does the family status come from the fact that they are a "pure" Brahmin family without any outside blood.
    Are you not proving my point without me having to make it?

yellowmango, SpringB and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Pardon me for my openness but this article seems very racial and highly biased to me.

Having such articles in EPG forum makes one wonder if it suits here. What personal development one is going to gain analysing or making such assumptions of Different races just because someone had interracial marriage. Fit for relationship or snippets of life as the discussion that follows proves it. Again it’s my personal opinion. That’s it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2019
    Roar, ano, pocahontas and 2 others like this.
  4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Looking at above fact, I feel her parents as they have some huge superiority complex, and that seems to her the only way to earn her husband some respect in the family. They will not understand that all human beings are equal irrespective of caste/race. So she has to resort to such justifications.

Race science is a pseudoscience and highly undesirable. Moreover , intelligence and talent is of different kinds. Some communities are more successful due to better access to resources over a long time, and mainly due to closed networking among themselves and their monopoly in certain trades etc Regionalism and favouritism for communities is visible even in corporate jobs. Ofcourse, nutrition and education play a very big role and that again depends on resources. It's not much about genetics. So if that's her reason, then it's sad.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Thyagarajan and yellowmango like this.
  5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I agree

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The thread has taken a turn from criticizing eugenics to' only I Q based eugenics of a group seems bad'.

The caste system and the caste based arranged marriages is the biggest longest running eugenic programme.

It is sad that a grown women has to justify her selection with a handful of papers. Being in love would probably not be enough for the ' superior ' parents.

Practicing a kind of untouchability with the son in law and grand daughters.

Feel bad for the poor children who will forever be under scrutiny for their expected superior IQ.

Why is this woman making her husband and children go though this disgusting experience.

ano and pocahontas like this.
  7. yellowmango

Does the article mean that marrying a jew for the supposed good IQ genes is bad ....but marrying into your own caste ( for similar reasons ) is fine ?:rolleyes:

Or is it about her not listening to the arguments put forth by the superior clan and making them lose face in their society for something as silly as high IQ when their is plenty of high IQ going around in her own caste guys who would be selected by her family ?

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

For the sake of science ?
    see: Directional dominance on stature and cognition in diverse human populations. - PubMed - NCBI
    I was amazed at the list of Authors for this paper. In layperson's lingo:
    Edinburgh University’s Dr Peter Joshi and his team analysed health and genetic information in 100 studies conducted worldwide, including details on more than 350,000 people, living in both urban and rural areas. They did find that “genetic diversity” (their term for “mixed-race”) is associated with higher IQ, being taller, and having higher levels of education (likely due to being more intelligent).​

In the case of the OP example, I am afraid there'd be a kink in the sample. Here is someone who observes that the mated pair could be just culturally distinct, but genetically identical.
    I was so looking forward to results from the longitudinal(over time, as the children grow up) followup of IQ. :hmmm::hmmm:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. yellowmango

So true.
    The families should be happy and be able to hold their head high .
    The next generation should be tip top.

The generation that is getting married should just adjust,compromise and deal with it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

On the Other Hand...I am learning much looking at the pro's and con's of this proposition of mixed race children, and their futures:

Here is something about Naomi Campbell. <source>
    upload_2019-6-4_22-28-48.png
    The British-born model Naomi Campbell(right)is a stunning example of this process of hybrid vigour in action. Her parents were both Jamaican, with Jamaicans being about 10% white due to interbreeding on slave plantations. However, Campbell’s paternal grandmother was Chinese, Chinese labourers having been imported into Jamaica. She is, by any standard, extremely attractive; tall (5’ 10”); and intelligent, having studied ballet at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London. So, assuming her parents were reasonably tall, intelligent and good-looking, their low mutational-load daughter probably exceeds them in all these traits.

But Campbell is also nuts. She is prone to violent outbursts of extreme temper, with four convictions for assault. [Naomi Campbell: ‘People try to use your past to blackmail you. I won’t allow it’, by Hermione Hoby, Guardian, November 5, 2017] This is the flip-side even of equally intelligent and good-looking people from different races having children together.

Danish blogger and genetics researcher Emil Kirkegaard has brought together all the known studies on the relationship between being mixed-race and mental health. Kirkegaard points out the studies’ findings of elevated levels of suicide, hyper-sexuality, depression, and problem drinking among mixed-race people. [Is miscegenation bad for your kids? by Emil Kirkegaard, Clear Language, Clear Mind, April 1, 2017] He argues that genetic diversity is only good up to a point. Thereafter the alleles are not meant to go together. In extreme cases, you get sterile offspring, such as Ligers. (cub of a Lion and Tiger).
    And perhaps the fear of having children with health problems would be the case for going with one's own kind - however "kind" is defined by the one (or his/her agents) opting for the choice.

Thyagarajan likes this.