1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Requiem

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 9, 2019.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sats.

When I just dipped my big toe into the teenage world, romance was introduced as a hide and seek game between the hero and heroine. See here - two songs where they hide among trees and finally meet. In one they even ask each other "Where are you?'

Fast forward...
    When my children entered the world of romance this is how it is introduced to them

Aerobic exercises with a group of others and same exercise as a duo in the same movie. Softness and gentleness of romance anywhere there? Don't blame the young men.

Disclaimer: Intention only as a humorous response. Not intended to hurt anyone's fine sentiments.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: That is why we witness or and hear almost daily instant liking instant marriage instant disliking followed by instant divorce. There is no time to observe time tested formalities for a robust relationship to begin. Honeymoon one night and next blue moon they want marriage annulment. It mayturnout to be onlinewedding and online divorce.
    2. On one part of the globe mothers worried daughter not received a single date for so long. On the other side, mothers worried stiff that daughters should get married off soon.

God help the relationship turn robust .

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    kkrish likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

This is true in my neck of the woods.
    At one signal light, I always see this ad stuck to the grassy side "Divorce... $189/". :biggrin:
    Yep, that cheap, that simple, and that fast:beer-toast1:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hehehe. Interesting contrasts.

Thyagarajan and kkrish like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

In the instant YUGA KALI YUGA - there is no time for soft slow tenderness & play hide and seek. It is fast between hill top and valley and bottom of sea. Hero dressed from head to foot on mount in winter in Jammu Kashmir and heroine running away from him from close up to infinity clad hurriedly scantily in anguish ridiculing common sense.
    God’s panorama is always picturesque.

satchitananda and kkrish like this.
  6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Are too many uncouth men trying to hit you up on Indusladies ? Told you, age does not matter :sweatsmile:

7. satchitananda

Not on IL, Manisha. On an online word game. True. Just being born with XX chromosomes is enough to make a person fair game. I wonder when people will start looking at human beings as such instead of classifying them as male or female.

I can possibly write off the guys from Western countries by saying their culture is different from ours, but young Indian men behaving like this is certainly a shocker. For all the talk of culture and tradition, this ..... even after being told outright. They don't even vamoose like the guys from the other culture.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You can most certainly write off....
    The old movie "Gigi" had the creepy-est song ever.... and the behavior had gone only creepier and more handsy as well, by the decades that had gone by since that....

The collected weirdness of IL private messages could also be a prize winning snippet !

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

How I'd love to pack all such men into a space craft and shoot them off into outer space where they can keep circling the earth and all the women on it until fuel runs out and they all crash into the sea or wherever else they land. But that would be a lot of unnecessary debris in space, right. So let them go back to the Mars on a one way ticket.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I must be missing something that was intended to be read or understood.

If we are comparing movies of the past with those of now, or songs from then to now, or how the man and woman wooed each other, there were cringe-worthy things in the past and there are now. There was finesse back then and it is still around today. For each choli ke peeche, or besharmi ki height, or lalla lalla lori daaru ki katori : ) song from now there were lyrics in songs of the past that we got into trouble if we hummed. Such as:

Anmol Ghadi (1946): Mein Dil mein dard basa layi (Suraiya, lesser known song), it has words:

Pyar se koyi dekh raha tha mai sehmi ghabrai
    Dhalki mori dhaani chunariya
    Li maine angdayi, bin dekhe sharmai

Even the iconic Shola jo bhadke (1951) can be said to have suggestive words (dard jawaani ka sataye badh badh ke).

Quality romance and delayed gratification in movies and in real life was there and is there.

Looking for niceties and elegance of engagement in an online game played with strangers is like looking for IL level of thoughts in YouTube comments. : )

I am sure I must have misread something or missed reading something. If not, we are comparing the best of the past with the worst of now.

shyamala1234 and Amulet like this.