1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nihar Weds Niharika

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by pranavi1987, Jan 23, 2019.

1. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

EPISODE 2

Bhupathi came home very tired from office, his mother had arranged dinner for him. He got freshened up and sat on dining table.

Niharika and Prabhath are watching Tv and are waiting for their dad for dinner. Daily they all eat together at dinner time and discuss about important matters at that time.

Bhupathi started telling that he met Giridhar that day after long time and he is looking to buy a new home.

Grandmom felt happy and she asked how Giridhar and his family doing?

Immediately Bhupathi remembered their discussion today, he turned towards Niharika and told,

Niharika do you remember Giridhar uncle family?

Yes , Dad, I vaguely remember not much.

Yes, Giridhar uncle and I studied together, they used to live here when you were a small kid , his wife is Shyamala. They have two kids Parimala and Nihar.

You and Nihar went to same school till first standard, later they got transferred and you might have remember, I went to Kerala for Parimala wedding around 3 years back.

Niharika nodded her head, but she could hardly remember their family, that’s what she told her Dad.

Very good family, Giridhar is like another son to me said Grandma.

Everyone are your children only, teased Prabhath.

So, now the matter is, Nihar is working here in a big company as Tech Lead and their family is looking to get married.

Niharika looked at his dad , as if why he is saying about it to her?

So, we had discussed today , How will it be if Niharika and Nihar meet and decide, if they like each other.

Niharika suddenly got shocked, she is not against to get married, but this is all of sudden, she couldn’t tell anything.

Grandmom jumped with excitement, what did you tell Bhupa? Such a good idea, whenever she is happy, she calls her son Bhupa.

Prabath also got excited , Do that dad, I will be happy if she gets married and leaves the house

Your plan is to become king, if I leave the house, Isnt it? Said Niharika.

I am always king, but I am spending time fighting with evil forces at house.

See Dad, how he is teasing me said Niharika.

Bhupathi and grand mom laughed, they know about them, Prabhath and Niha always tease each other, but they love each other a lot.

What do you think Niharika? Do you want to meet Nihar and see?

Why so soon Dad? She said

When ever you are ready for marriage, boy will come and knock door, you shouldn’t kick them said Grandmom.

Don’t tell old stories grandma said Niharika

Suddenly she remembered her discussion with her friends, prince will knock the door, Is he the prince? And Is he made for me?

Nihar and Niharika, see the names, they are made for each other said Grandma. Looks like God has already written your destiny with him, that’s why your names matched.

Grandma, it is not names that should be matched, our hearts should be matched said Niharika.

I got married , with out even seeing your grandfather, these generation kids want to meet, talk and see if they are connecting, I don’t even know what that connection is?

Ma, times are changed now, it is not your time, no one is marrying without understanding each other.

Thanks Dad , said Niha and gave hi-fi to Dad.

You all are always one team, gang up together against me, said Grandma.

They all laughed, okay I will invite Nihar family to our house this coming weekend.

Okay said all.

Niharika went back to her room, she is getting tensed, is she ready for marriage, she daily sleeps with her grandmom.

She went and sat next to her grandmom on her bed. In these type of situations , she misses her mom a lot.

What are you thinking Niha? Asked grandma.

Nothing grandma, I am getting scared, I have to leave you all and go if I get married. I don’t know , how it will be in new family?

Grandma, laughed and said, this is common for every girl, Initially it will be like that, you see ,after that you don’t want to come here by leaving your husband.

No grandma, I will never do like that.

Even I thought like that, I love my elder sister vijaya a lot, we used to be like best friends, never used to leave each other and go.

After we got married, distance between us grew a lot, till our parents were there, we used to meet occasionally , after that slowly reduced.

Even though we met rarely, we used to be very nice to each other, because of the silly fight between your grandfather’s, all communication stopped.

They came when your mom passed away, but your grandfather didn’t agree.

Later when my sister passed away, her daughter ganga didnt even inform me, I felt so bad, why grudges among the people, I don’t know.

I couldn’t answer back to your grandfather.

Marriage makes blood thinner niharika

Tears started rolling from her eyes.

Niharika eyes also became wet, she knows that grandmom loves her sister a lot, she doesn’t know about them much.

She met their family once or twice, when she was small and played with their kids, that’s it. Later she didn’t meet, so she doesn’t remember much.

Grandma, does marriage really makes our blood relations thinner? Then why does every one want to get married?

To make their own family.

Had I not married, then I wouldn’t have got my precious diamonds , my son and grandchildren, I would have missed all these.

Thought it is painful, it gives us lot of happiness too.

So don’t worry, everything is part of life, you will be fine, you will not face as many problems as our generation faced.

Sleep now and they both went to bed.

Next three days Niharika was busy in office, she discussed about Nihar with her friends, they asked so Niharika is going to meet her prince charming?

I will meet and tell charming or boring? She said.

Hey Niha, are you going to ask about your wish list, you told us teased Jyothi.

He will run to mars from earth directly , if Niharika ask those questions, said Sriya

You stop teasing me now, I will tell you on Monday, how our meeting went? I am excited and nervous at same time.

It was Saturday evening, Niharika got ready in blue designer wear salwar , with matching necklace and ear rings.

She is looking very beautiful.

Grand mom is busy preparing snacks.

Niharika heart is beating fast, thinking about the groom she is going to meet.

Prabhath is busily arranging chairs and tea table in balcony, she went and asked what are you doing Prabhath?

You like this place I know, you can have good discussion with him here, with a hot cup of tea and he winked.

Niha smiled, you naughty, you are grown up now, Prabhath teases her a lot but they both care for each other, since they don’t have mom, he treats her sister as mom.

Prabhath come, uncles family is here, called Bhupathi.

Bhupathi, his mom and Prabhath received Giridhar family, Giridhar, Shyamala and Nihar came, Prabath looked at Nihar.

He is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, his is in medium complexion, but his features are very sharp and his face is smiling.

Giridhar asked, do you remember Bhupathi uncle?

Not much Dad, he smiled.

Shyamala and grand mom wished each other, as they are meeting after a very long time.

Prabhath went inside to talk to Niharika, Niha looked at him and asked, how is he? Thumbs up or down.

Prabhath showed thumbs up, Niharika felt shy.

We are not here for any formal meeting, call Niharika let us chit chat together said Giridhar.

Niharika heard their conversation and her heart is beating very fast.

Grand mom called her to the living area, she came and wished every one, she turned towards Nihar and greeted him, her heart is beating very fast, she is getting tensed, and her hands became wet.

Hi Niharika, how are you doing? Asked Nihar

I am good, how are you? She asked.

You both remember each other? Asked Shyamala

Not at all mom, but I remember uncle as I met him for sister wedding, smiled Nihar.

Niharika is feeling different, like she said to her friends, she is checking whether bells are ringing in her heart or not.

Come to reality.. she remembered Jyothis words…………

2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Hey @pranavi1987... Great start!!:thumbup:
    Waiting to see how the conversation goes between them:)

pranavi1987 likes this.
  3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Teasing grandmas is always fun. I loved it...Jingle bells are going to ring soon (may be)

pranavi1987 likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good start, Pranavi. Easy flow, story moving steadily, and not too many characters to keep track of.

Nice crisp observation.

pranavi1987 likes this.
  5. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Muggs, will post that episode today

6. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

Thanks peddadas , yes let us see how jingle bella ring

7. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rihana, yes i am planning it as a short story with less characters, let us see things might change based on readers response

8. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

EPISODE 3

Niharika is feeling shy and finding everything new, words are not coming from her mouth, when she is with friends, she talks a lot about all these.

But reality is so different, out of her friends, Jyothi is married, so she always says reality is different from what she dreams off.

Is reality so different? Thought Niharika

Might be that’s why I am feeling so uncomfortable when my time came.

Bhupathi looked at Niharika and understood that she is feeling tensed, he want to make her situation easy, so he told, you both can talk personally If you want?

Nihar stood up immediately, Giridhar and Shyamala looked at each other surprised first and then smiled.

Prabhath asked him to come inside and took him to balcony, Niharika also came there and they both sat.

Prabhath went inside and came back with 2 cups of tea and snacks, he left them on the table , he had arranged and left the place.

Nihar and Niharika sat in chairs and both are finding it very embarrassing and words are not coming out.

Suddenly she remembered that her friends teasing her asking all the weird questions she has.

Forget about questions, now she is finding difficult to open her mouth.

“Please have the tea “ started Niharika

Thanks, Nihar took the cup and said “I usually don’t like tea, but it is okay for today”.

Is it ? I love tea, I need to have atleast twice a day , she said.

Okay, what else do you like ? asked Nihar

Hanging out with friends, parties, movies, I just want to enjoy weekends, what about you?

I am a very homely person, but I love to watch movies and mostly I watch English movies.

Niharika asked don’t you watch regional movies?

Yes, I do but very rarely, he said.

Looks like we are different smiled Niharika

Nihar smiled, yes I am a very homely person, I love my parents and sister a lot, and I try to spend time with them as much as I can.

I have friends who I am close with, I hangout with them some times, Do you feel that I am boring person? Asked Nihar

No no, she said, she felt like he read her mind.

She remembered “reality is so different”.

Would you mind, if I work after our marriage? Asked Niharika

That’s your choice, I have no objection, and if you want you can, and that’s totally up to you.

She felt little happy, she knew some of her friends are struggling very hard to convince their husbands and inlaws to work.

Do you like long drives? asked Nihar

I love long drives, especially if it is on bikes, what about you? Asked Niharika

Yes, I do but in car, not much in bikes.

Thank god , atleast he likes long drives, Niharika felt relieved in her heart.

Do you like going abroad? Asked Nihar

I haven’t thought about it at all, but I prefer being close to family always , she said.

I love working at abroad and I am trying for that, it will definitely give me lot of international exposure for my career, said Nihar.

Except that their views and tastes are different, Niharika liked Nihar, his smiling face, body language , more over love for the family.

But their views and opinions are different, will that matter? she remembered always opposites attracts.

Before they could talk some thing, Shyamala came there smiling , are you both not done yet? Do you want to finish talking every thing before marriage? save something till marriage, later you will not have any thing to talk she said with big smile.

Please sit aunty, Niharika welcomed her, she also sat with them and they spoke about general things for next fifteen minutes.

Couple of times, their both eyes met.

Niharika felt very nice, after the family went, she felt very happy, seeing Shyamala she remembered her mom.

After they left, Bhupathi asked Niharika what do you think?

I liked him Dad, except his and my views are little different.

You will accept all those differences once you are married Niha, you and Prabhath are born in same family, but still you are different, he is from a different family, how can you expect your taste’s be alike ? said grandmom.

That could be true, said Niharika.

I will be relaxed , if you go to that home Niharika, it is same like your own home said Bhupathi.

They ended their evening on a pleasant note.

Monday morning, Niharika met her friends Sriya and Jyothi in café.

We are curious over the weekend, How did meeting go? Asked Sriya

Niharika explained the conversation between them.

Did bells ring in your heart ? smiled Sriya

No.

What about wishes? Did you ask him?

How to ask those weird questions? I found very embarrassing to ask normal questions only. Had I asked those questions? He would surely have thought me mad.

That is arranged marriage, said Jyothi.

Listen to Jyothi, she is telling with experience smiled Sriya

Niha, this is life, it is expected to be like this, lower your expectations as much as you can, you will be happy, said Jyothi.

You always says compromise, compromise, I am not like you Jyothi, I just want to conquer the world.

Nihar is good person, but he didn’t open up with me that much in our first meeting, I will make him interesting and you see, I will get all my wishes fulfilled through him.

I will make him my Mr Perfect.

Sriya clapped her hands, that is Niharika.

Come now let us go back to work, else that loud honk will screw us up.

Bhupathi uncle called this morning Nihar, they like our family and would like to pursue this alliance. What do you think?

Your wish Dad, said Nihar

Not Dad’s wish Nihar, you tell us your opinion? What do you feel about her? Asked Shyamala

Mom and Dad, you always decides which ever is best for me, I know you had already decided for my wedding with Niharika.

This meeting is formal, do whatever you feel is right, he said and left the place.

Ok, I will tell Bhupathi that we will proceed with this match said Giridhar.

They are also interested to go ahead said Bhupathi in a happy tone, Niharika felt shy then Giridhar called back again and said let Nihar and Niharika talk over phone.

Bhupathi gave the phone to her ,Niharika felt very tensed and took the phone and said “Hello”

Hi Niharika , How are you? Asked Nihar

I am good, How was your day? She asked

Fine, How are you feeling? Asked Nihar

I am feeling happy and tensed at same time she said and asked what about you?

Same here, I am feeling nervous too , don’t know what to talk now, he said

Shall we meet ? Niharika asked

Ok, I will meet you tomorrow, send me your number and he shared his emailID secretly.

She understood and she felt thrilled to meet him outside with out parents and want to see how he is?

After she spoke the phone, she sent her number in mail to Nihar.

After few mins, she got a text from him and she replied back, she didn’t feel sleepy that night, dreaming of meeting Nihar next day.

Niharika, it is unbelievable you are getting married, she thought to her self.

“Nihar weds Niharika”, wow I am excited and she thought……………………….

9. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

10. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

Episode 4

Congrats Niharika, wished her friends Jyothi and Sriya.

You are also going to join married couples club along with me teased Jyothi.

Enjoy as much as you can, the best phase of any one’s life is engagement period.

Thank you so much , said Niharika, her friends can notice the glow in her eyes.

Srinivas has scheduled a meeting today from 4-5 PM evening, Sriya said.

Oh is it? Is he coming here today? Is he brining any news ? asked Jyothi

Sriya said ,Don’t know, might be our Siva could have messed up some thing

What our loud honk? Exclaimed Niharika

Srinivas is the CEO of the startup company they are working, he is in his late twenties, he studied his engineering from IIT’s and finished his MBA from IIM, most of his friends who studied with him took the high paying jobs as Vice presidents, Chairmans in big multinational companies.

But his zeal for entrepreneur ship made him to start a company. He has a small branch in Mumbai and operates from there.

Whenever there is an important meeting or announcement he comes here and schedules meeting.

So, they thought that something should be important for him to come here.

Niharika suddenly remembered her plan, that she said she would meet Nihar today. What he will think if she cant make their first meeting on time?

Moreover, Niharika is waiting to meet him for this first time, it is excitement for every girl , she doesn’t want to miss the chance.

Usually Srinivas wraps up his meetings on time, so she texted Nihar that she is free after 5 PM.

They all sat at meeting room, Srinivas has started meeting and it went on till 5 PM, At 5 PM he made an announcement.

Guys this is good news for you all, we had made an agreement of alliance with a reputed bank, we have agreed to deploy employees there based on the need.

This is a very good exposure for you, you will get a chance to directly work at clients onsite location and you will be payed by them as well as us, that is double benefit.

Once the project is over, you can come back to us and work.

Please let me know, who are interested? It is your choice, it is not compulsion.

Jyothi and Sriya got little excited when they heard double pay, they asked what do you think Niharika?

Who will go to that bank? it is very far, I like it here, more over after I get married, Nihar’s home is near to this place.

I don’t want to go Jyo, she said.

Jyothi and Sriya liked the proposal and they informed.

Ok, we will let you know based on the requirements there, said Shiva, their manager.

Suddenly, Niharika phone beeped, she opened the text.

I am waiting for you at down stairs – Nihar

Niharika felt happy, she just want to leave and the meeting is not wrapped yet, she suddenly saw Shiva there and she went near him and told “Sir, I have doctor appointment at 5:30 PM”

Ok Niharika, you can leave now, we are almost done he said.

Thanks Loud honk, she thought to herself .

She waved Jyothi and Sriya and left the place.

Jyothi messaged,”what happened?”

Nihar is here, I am going out, she sent a smiley.

Jyo and Sriya laughed, we cant catch her now.

Niharika came down running, Nihar is waiting at entrance, he wore dark maroon T shirt, with white collar and contrast jeans.

He looked not so handsome, but charming.

I am so sorry, we were wrapping up a meeting, she told.

That’s okay Niharika, come get on my bike, he started the bike.

She sat on his bike, he put his helmet on and started, she felt so thrilled first time riding on bike, with some one so special in her life.

This moment is very special.

I am surprised you came on bike, not on car, said Niharika.

Nihar smiled.

Tell me where we are going? Asked Nihar

Let us go to park she said.

Nihar increased the speed of bike, she felt thrilled and scared, be slow, I might fall she said.

Don’t worry , you wont fall, I wont let you fall said Nihar.

Niharika is getting thrilled, her life changed in a week , last week she was single, now her life is beautiful with Nihar.

Getting married with right person is like dream to many girls, is her dream getting true,? she thought to herself.

Niharika, common take this ice cream, said Nihar, they both came to park, Nihar bought two icecreams,she was lost in thoughts, she didn’t even notice that he went to buy some thing.

No, Nihar I don’t like icecreams

Oh! He said, you could have told me.

You didn’t ask me, she smiled

That’s okay, eats for this time for me, he said and gave her.

They both started eating.

I am feeling like a dream Niharika, this all happened , all of sudden, what do you think?

Even I feel the same, all of sudden a big change in life, totally unexpected, she said

We didn’t even understand each other properly, why don’t we get engaged and married after six months? After we totally understand each other

Six months? Niharika got shocked

She heard her grandmom and dad discussing wedding in next month, what will they say if they ask for six months break, she told Nihar same.

Convince them Niharika, we should understand each other first and then get married, once we get married, we don’t have time to understand each other.

What about your parents? Will they agree?

I will convince them Niharika, but I want both of us to understand first, before we get married he said firmly.

Niharika is confused, even she liked the proposal, but what about elders? They should also agree, she said I will try Nihar.

They spent some time together and he dropped her at busstop and left.

She expected him to come and drop near her home, but he didn’t say that he will drop her at home, she too didn’t ask.

Prabhath called her and was waiting at busstop after she reached. There is no direct bus to her home, some one should come and pick her up to home from the bus.

Why so late Niha? He asked

I had some work at office, she lied, she didn’t tell she met Nihar, she thought what the family would think about it?

As soon as she reached home, Bhupathi is very happy, come Niha, we are waiting for you, me and Giridhar uncle are checking for good days for your engagement and marriage.

We are thinking of engagement next month and marriage immediately after a month, that means you have 15 days time for engagement and one more month for wedding.

I think that will be sufficient for your shopping, rest all we will handle, what do you think? He asked.

Even if you give six months, her shopping will never end Dad, fix the dates as soon as possible teased Prabhath.

She remembered Nihar words, asking for 6 months’ time to understand each other, she couldn’t tell her Dad, she saw his dad is very excited.

She doesn’t want to hurt him, how will he react if I ask for time? , let Nihar handle this and let that proposal come from Giridhar uncle, she thought.

If uncle asks, Dad might not feel bad, she texted the Nihar about the conversation of engagement and wedding that happened at home.

Nihar went to his dad and asked, Dad is this true?

What ? asked Giridhar.

That you are planning for engagement and wedding soon?

Yes, we are planning for next month.

No Dad, said Nihar with disappointment in his voice.

What? Asked Giridhar

I need some time Dad, atleast six months to understand Niharika.

After wedding you have whole life to understand said Giridhar in harsh tone.

I didn’t say when you have chosen girl for me, but to marry first I need to prepare myself, I cant marry so soon said Nihar firmly.

I have already decided Nihar, don’t waste my time by arguing on this matter, said Giridhar and left the place.

He looked at his mom, she looked at Nihar that she is helpless in that matter.

April 15th is your engagement? wow so soon only 15 days left… said Jyothi and Sriya when Niharika told about her engagement………………

Bhoonzee, Rihana, Adharv and 6 others like this.