100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One of those days when you have so much to do that planning is futile. You just have to begin and keep going until either time runs out or the job gets done. At the end of the day surprised myself with how much I managed to accomplish.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Listening to my younger son playing the piano gave me so much joy!

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Took the time to study and learn a bunch of yoga poses recommended here on a thread for my running and upper back issues. Practiced for a short 20 minutes but I felt limber all day long.

Viswamitra, kaniths and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

I was preparing a conference presentation and send the draft to my supervisor. She asked me to upgrade one of the slides. I didn't know how but took the boys to swim as kids were still at the break and I needed to entertain them too. After the swim, while they were eating I browsed some articles on my research topic and the idea came. So noted down the points in the tissue paper, came home and completed the slide. I learned that every moment can teach you something and you need to be prepared to accept that.

5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 28 : The reason I got into gardening was I wanted to be occupied and pick up a hobby. I stay in a rented flat. Initially I started something in my balcony in pots. They didn't give much results. Few months back I thought of using my terrace. Since I moved all pots to terrace they are responding really well which is giving me small happiness. Obviously people are there to always discourage u. One colleague who is son of a farmer and has acres of farm land laughs at me and my idea of growing veggies in a pot. But I won't get discouraged.
    Few days back when I planted Avarekai(Mocha kottai) , he laughed and said they will never grow in pot. Then they flowered , he said they will flower but never show fruits . And guess what yesterday I was so happy to see them giving fruits. All the flowers are turning into fruits.
    I never discuss any gardening with him. I keep posting my small happiness in whatsapp or Insta status and seeing that he discourages.
    So friends never get discouraged by anyone. If you believe you can do something , go ahead. I am happy I am doing something small which is giving me happiness.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My son has finished his Ph.D. and taking a 4 months break to pursue some opportunities to promote his patents. One of them is a billion dollar company that asked for a meeting with him to use his patent. If this succeeds, he may not go to work and continue further research as he has so many ideas. One of our relatives asked him, "What are your doing now?" meaning where are you going to work, he replied, "I am making plants out of the seeds" replying literally what he was doing at that time.

This relative's daughter who is a Ph.D. in Psychology who consider my son as her own son later told us it meant, "don't ask this question again as it is not easy for me to give a simple answer". I found a deeper meaning in his response. The patents are the seeds and trying to make plants out of it is finding how can it be used by various industries".

Viswa

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Today Chilaka(DD) had penned down again her story which was started last year, don't know when again the auspicious day comes as nilakurinji bloom(blooms once in 12 yrs) :oops:..

Negative: no walking since 3 days..

8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 29 : yesterday my long leave for Diwali got approved. When you are honest and responsible at work sometimes it back fires. I never take much leave unless and until it's necessary . So post Diwali I felt like taking an extra week leave and just relax at home. This was not going very well with my manager . Though she's a gem of a person she was reluctant to grant me 2weeks leave as I'm handling a work alone (I have many leaves piled up ). But I had informed her long time back that she may have to plan a back up as I'm planning two weeks break . Yesterday she approved and I am so happy. I can't wait for that two weeks of relaxing time . One week will go in festival. Another week I want to do nothing but relax n refresh.

girvani and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Ash73

Ash73 New IL'ite

They say pessimists live longer because they always anticipate the worst and take preemptive action sooner..

Gauri03, Anusha2917 and girvani like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Boys had a wonderful play dates and they were thankful so am I .

Gauri03, Viswamitra and Anusha2917 like this.