Cannot Able To Balance Ivf And Work

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by manjarimadhu, Sep 19, 2018.

1. manjarimadhu

manjarimadhu New IL'ite

I am married with one child who is going to turn 10 years soon. we are trying for second baby for very long time ( say 7 to 8 years). I tried everything from clomid, IUI and IVF. we did 3 rounds of IVF and i got positive result two times . But exactly on 5.5 weeks i miscarried both. Last one is 3 weeks before.I Still didnt came out of that shock. my dr cannot able to figure out any reason. She did all the test and ruled out any infections.

First time there is one hour journey from my place and my office. This time i went to different company which is very near to my place. just 20 mins travel and the job is less stressful. Doctor said may be your uterus is very sensitive, next time, try to be on bed rest for first 3 months.

It is impossible to get 3 months leave in my current company. last time , My boss very reluctant to gave the two weeks. She cannot able to understand the process. She asked me that you already have one. why you are worried so much and wasting so much money. Yes. She is very insensitive. I am asking the same question to my self. Why i cant feel comfortable with one. I always want two children. But this process affecting my health mentally, physically and financially too. in INR i spent more than 50L.

I am thinking of taking a break from work for one year and trying for one last round of IVF. My husband not happy with this decision. some time he said one child is enough some time he also longing for one more child. I am already 33 years old.Sorry for the vent. what do you think about my decision? Please let me know.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry for your losses. If you can afford it you can take a break from your work and finish your IVF. Also consult another doctor for a second opinion. And next time, don't share too many details at work. It's not anyone else's business how many children you choose to have.

3. sumalathaa

sumalathaa Junior IL'ite

4. sumalathaa

sumalathaa Junior IL'ite

Sorry to know the loss, even my IVF failed this month and I am not able to come out of trauma. After investing so much physically, financially and emotionally it is very sad to know IVF failed. I am also trying for my second. My age is 34 and having high prolactin issue. Where u did ur IVF?

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That might be for the best. Take off for 9-12 months. Or, you will always wonder.

Secondary infertility, and the unexplained/undiagnosed kind of it, is still rare, and the woman finds that people don't understand her struggle. Sometimes doctors are also dismissive about it. General people are often clueless about anyone's TTC struggle, and if it is secondary infertility, the insensitive comments get multiplied. The husband toggling between fine with one kid and wanting another is also how they react.

It is difficult, but the old and cliched suggestions apply. Try to not think too much about it, try to lessen stress in life. Keep your struggles to yourself and husband as much as possible.

SinghManisha and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. manjarimadhu

manjarimadhu New IL'ite

Hi Sumalatha. Sorry for your loss.I know how its hurt. how old your first one? I have PCOD. I am outside india and did ivf here.

7. manjarimadhu

manjarimadhu New IL'ite

Thank you for your kind words Rihana. My first baby also by IVF but nobody knows because we went to IVF option very early. Within two years of marriage we got our baby. But for the second baby it is so hard. I am usually a positive girl but this is my sensitive area. My mom very much influenced me to have second but now she ask me to stop trying.
    I hope i will be ok in few months. I need to convince my husband for taking a break. He is against as my current company is very good there are lot of policy changes and impossible to get the same job again.