Planned C-section Surgery

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by Sweetygals, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Want to know im a foreigner and going to have 2nd baby. My first one was c-section delivery in india. Second one im thinking whether to do here or in india.
    Please tell me whether health care and operating procedure is better in SG than india?

2. BiriyaniAroma

BiriyaniAroma Silver IL'ite

SG means what ? Singapore ?

3. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Yes

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

how comfortable are yu with the gyne here? how much support will you have herepost delivery? Do you have any cover or will you be paying directly? any plans of which hostpital?

Usually , if the first is a C-Secion, the gyne will recommand a scheduled C-section about 2 weeks b4 EDD, depends on gyne.
    There are very good obstetrician and gynes here, health care is pretty good. But you must check out and go to one you feel comfortable and confidant with. Find out the costs, and if there is any cover in case of any emergencies .

I had a VBAC for my second child here in Singapore.

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear,
    First C-sec doesn't always mean the second should be a c-sec. It will depend on what the gyne feels is best. I have seem quite a few of my friends who had first c-sec in India and go through normal here. Docs here do not encourage elective c-sec based on request. Its up to the doctor to decide.

Cost is something you should consider if you are going to pay out of pocket. Even private insurance does not cover normal delivery, only certain complications are covered. There are certain group insurances that do cover maternity, if you are working, check with your HR what type of group cover they offer.

The hospitals and facilities are good here. The docs and nurses are competent. And it will be true for good hospitals in India also. You will have to decide based on what you are comfortable with, your family support, and finance etc.

All the best :)