Your 1st Impression of Indusladies? (in 50 words or less)

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Feb 19, 2015.

1. saurav

saurav New IL'ite

Hi friends

I am considering an opportunity to take up an assignment from my current company (Indian IT services company) in Brighton, UK.

I did some basic internet search and got some info but have few initial questions in mind. Your answers will really help me:

1) Considering I get the minimum salary of 41.5k GBP, what will be my in hand salary per month / year considering various deductions, taxes etc. Don't know much about UK taxation.

2) What is the expected rent amount for a single person if I wish to stay in a small but furnished studio or 1 room apartment?

3) How are the Indian grocery stores and vegetarian food options in Brighton?

4) How is the public transportation in Brighton? Can one manage without a car?

5) Overall, what is the kind of monthly expenses one can expect considering the lifestyle is neither lavish nor too frugal?

6) How easy is it to find flat sharing options with other Indians?

7) Any good Indian tiffin / dabba services? (I was in sydney for a year and had plenty of options there)

8) Overall how big is the Indian population / community in Brighton?

9) My work location/client will likely be AMEX. How far is their office (IT) from the city center?

10) Anything else you feel significant, please feel to share.

Thanks.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello @saurav

Welcome to indusladies community.
    You can add all your queries here Indians in London and members will answer all your questions.
    Transportation is good, you get all the Indian groceries.

3. saurav

saurav New IL'ite

Thanks. The forum you directed me to says that I have insufficient privileges to post there. How to I start a new thread ?

4. Kayal646

Kayal646 New IL'ite

It's a good online community for women ,a good place to share our thoughts,experiences and ideas
    I'm here to make friends:blush:
    share my thoughts , gather ideas and help our members by answering relevant questions. I am a doctor and I am happy to help everyone here with all those health related questions and I am a diehard Fashionista :sunglasses: from chennai ,so I can answer all those fashion related queries.
    And I have Just started my new Youtube Channel named as Kayal talks, its a Lifestyle channel
    I have provided all my social links in my profile section
    If you are interested You can Check out .
    Lets share our thoughts and expand our community :blush:
    -Kayal

5. Sideetha

Sideetha New IL'ite

Good place to share our thoughts n views!

6. ksurender

ksurender New IL'ite

I am obliged to be member of IL. I hope I will learn a lot from here to hone my personality.

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello @saurav

You can post in the existing thread, in case you wish to start a new one you will need to have atleast 10 posts into your account.

8. DharaShah

DharaShah New IL'ite

Hi,
    My name is Dhara Shah and I am a communication skills expert. Hoping to enjoy this community.

9. DharaShah

DharaShah New IL'ite

Indusladies seems to be like a women centric website and I'd love to be a part of such an encouraging community.

10. libran

libran Junior IL'ite

Whenever I feel low and alone, I read few posts in this site, it makes me feel that Im not alone and there are lot of people here who go through way more problems than me and the support that pours from the rest of the group members is amazing!