Do You Believe In Evil Spirit, Black Magic And Bad Omen?

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by SGBV, May 1, 2018.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I really don't know much about black magic but, folklore tale do exists in southern remote part of India. Evil / voodoo magic will cause negative thoughts, make anyone shiver in fear. Mostly, the stories we heard from our relatives and childhood memories of adults talk.

Honesty, hard work, good faith in God will keep the evil away.

I understand your fears.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

My suggestion is to take a second opinion from another Hindu or Buddhist priest

3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op, ur belief in God is enough to take care of u and protect your family. Please forget the other things you heard from the colleague(we don't know about it). In this world. There is Only positive thoughts and negetive thinking. You are a positive person and my role model. So ur life is protected and my best wishes to ur family. Ur father in law having negetive intention the biggest problem here. Hope he changes for good.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I believe in god and I believe that evil exists in this world for us only to recognise the dual opposite of evil, which is goodness and love. So ya, if I believe in reiki, which is a good energy, there must be an opposite energy which causes harm. But I also believe if you have a strong faith in god, nothing can trouble you for long. But don't see every misfortune as an act of black magic . Sometimes it's just what it is.

shravs3, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I don’t think any mortal human being is powerful enough to influence and inflict evil by his/her mere thoughts , voodoo or black magic. Life is a series of good and bad experiences that one can probably attribute to luck but nothing else.

paru123, sindmani, SunPa and 5 others like this.
  6. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Hi,

After reading this post, I also wanted to share few things.
    Sorry OP, stealing your post..

I have been married for 8 years and no children yet. we are trying our best.
    I was diagnosed with PCOD in 2011 and again in 2014.
    I had undergone two surgeries for the same.
    As my In-laws stay with us and husband n me don't hide anything from them.

When my MIL got to know what PCOD is and how it affects me and my body, instead of saying that I can get better and she will help , all she said was I am the wrong woman for her son and swill never have give birth to kids only will get worst with time and will only make her precious son spend money on treatments.
    And my Hand FIL dedendhwr saying she was upset with all the news at once..
    Since then I have stopped all treatments.

In 2014 surgery became imp coz of the pain it was causing me.

Every time my inlwas taunt me for not having a kid always reminds me of the words she spoke..
    U do pray and also try in sonpoojas as people tell em to do for a kid.
    I don't know whether to take it as bad omen or curse or am I being paranoid and being superstitious that what she said will become true.

Thanks for reading.

madras2018 likes this.
  7. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Dear SGBV,

Answer to your question, No, I don't believe any of this exists. I am a Hindu, from a remote village in interior South. I am yet to see proof of evil spirits and such. However, I do believe people send out negative emotions and feelings which, change our responses and moods which in turn makes us take wrong decisions, react stronger etc..

So, I try to keep away from people who I feel and know don't like me for whatever reasons.. I think that is not possible as they are your inlaws. So, you can just insulate yourself and not let their negativity affect you. Get the pastor to bless your home if it gives you comfort. But, don't trouble yourself with black magic and all.. there's no such thing..

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  8. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

@rupz, I had/have pcod all my life.. My younger bil had their baby years b4 us. The co sister's family feared my 'evil' eye and went to find out when I will get a child and 'found' that I will not get one. My daughter turned 10 last week.

Ignorance has its response spelt, ignore..

P.S -My MIL got really angry and put them in place and apologized to me. That's why I call her a smart lady.. and, most MiL's I read about in IL are 'ignorant'.

vrikshakadali, sindmani and peartree like this.
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

You have your belief in god, so why are you even bothered about the supposed black magic you claim your ILs practice on you? And why is the pastor coming into the picture? Easier connection to God, like we have our intermediates in priests?

I don't believe in evil or black magic or things like that. If only it existed, don't you think so many problems with so many people could be so easily resolved? Just perform black magic on Siddaramaiah and get water for Tamil Nadu! Black Magic on Rajapakse and Tamils have a new homeland, black magic on Kim Jong Un and the whole Korea problem vanishes. I identify as Hindu, but I also know that if I have a problem, I am just a victim of some bad circumstances and not of some individual!!

It seems to me like residual dislike of in-laws carries on (probably justified) that makes you look at even seemingly innocent actions of theirs as a conspiracy against your family!!

justanothergirl, SunPa and sindmani like this.
  10. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

They’re quite rude aren’t they? Please ignore the ignorance of your MIl. It will help you to think she is ignorant and doesn’t know much about your problem. Instead make prayer to the one above and depend on him only. Only he has the ability to make the impossible possible so please pray. I hope you do have a child/children and pray for you.

To the OP some parts of your story sent shivers down my spine. Yes I do believe in black magic. I’ve heard many stories amongst close friends and relatives. I’m not too sure about your FIL though. Does your husbands friend know that you know about FIL? Think you should approach different spiritual teachers to help you solve it.