1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

That was a natural and sweet encounter between Samyak and Aastha....
    All the best for the other chapters dear @muggs.... good going...

muggs and creativemumma like this.
  2. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

@muggs . Very interesting entry of Astha and both's meeting. Let me hats off for ur taking time for writing passion from busy schedule and with cute toddler.:clap2:

muggs likes this.
  3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @anayasree :)

4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @nandinimithun :)

nandinimithun likes this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @ratan for your feedback and encouraging words.:blush:

6. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Very good question @Rihana .I have been wondering the same.

7. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

I think, sometimes writer's & Reader's thoughts are so align that we confused. In episodes or chapterwise stories even climax is also pre decided according to it's title. If reader's comments will decide scripts, story will become a mess.

muggs likes this.
  8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 14

Another month has passed with hectic work schedule for both Samyak and Aastha. Aastha is now settled in the office and in London as well. She spends her weekends exploring and capturing the beautiful city. She is quite religious as well so she has found a Jain temple nearby and visits once in a week.

Samyak is sitting relaxed at home on Sunday and preparing his presentation for the next day when his mother called up.

“Hello Samyak… How are you son?” Anita said.

“I am fine Mummy. How are you all?” Samyak replied.

“We are all good.” Anita always asks this question.

“What are you doing? Today is Sunday and you have not gone out anywhere.” Anita asked.

“Mummy I have some work to finish.” Samyak replied typing something on his laptop.

“Ohho… you work the whole week and on weekends as well you are sitting at home and working on your laptop. Why don’t you go out with your friends and roam around the place? I heard London is a very beautiful city. People go for Europe tours from India and you are there but still not going anywhere.” Anita wanted her son to enjoy his life.

“Mummy you know I don’t like to go out much.” Now Samyak knows where the conversation is heading.

“Yes but still… ok fine as you wish. Ok did you call Kavya? You can go to her place sometime. You are in London for so many months and you haven’t met her once.” Anita asked him.

“Ya, I called her a few weeks back. I will plan something and will go to her place once.” Samyak replied without much interest.

“I don’t know when will you plan. She is your cousin. She will feel good if you will go to meet her and you will also get a chance to meet people other than your office colleagues.” Anita said with little pressure.

“Ok Mummy… I will definitely plan something and meet her.” Samyak finally sounded convinced.

“That’s like my boy.” Anita said happily.

“Ok, one more thing do you remember “Paryushan Fast” is starting from next week. So don’t eat onions and garlic. Try to find Jain food if you can get anywhere and do visit temple once at least in one of the eight days.” Anita instructed Samyak. Paryushana is the most important festival of Jains celebrated once in a year and it lasts 8 days.

“I don’t know if I will be able to get Jain food or not. Let me check in the temple if they are providing any such facility. Don’t worry Mummy I will manage something.” Samyak is not very religious but he is following this fast from childhood so he knows what to eat and what to avoid. He knows getting pure Jain food is quite difficult here.

“Ok beta… take care of yourself. Now you finish your work and don’t forget to have your dinner. I will call you later.” Anita said.

“Ok Mummy… you also take care. Bye.” Samyak smiled at Anita’s instruction.

Now Samyak has to find some option for the food for coming fast so he called up in the Jain temple. They told him that they can deliver the food for one time in the evening. Even they have arranged various events and pooja for all eight days. Samyak asked them to deliver the food for the weekdays only. He thought of going to temple on weekend. Next day he told Anita also that everything is arranged so she needs not to worry.

The first day of the fast has begun. Samyak has decided that he will have little breakfast and then he will have dinner directly. In this fast, one has to eat his dinner before sunset. So Samyak thought he will reach home early than usual, have dinner and finish his work from home itself. Samyak reached home around 4 P.M. Around 5 o’clock, his doorbell rang.

“It must be food from the temple.” He thought and went to open the door.

“You…” His eyes widened in surprise.

“Hi…” Aastha is standing at his door.

“What are you doing here?” Samyak was not at all expecting her.

“I got your food.” She said with a smile and little hesitant.

“Ohh… Thank you. I had no idea about this.” Samyak took the packet from her hands.

“Actually I am just volunteering in the temple for these 8 days fast. Back in India, we can do so many things but here nothing much to do. So I thought, I can help in some way.” Aastha explained him.

“Wow… I mean I am impressed. You surprised me every time. Taking out time from such busy schedule and that too here is really awesome. Hats off.” Samyak was truly impressed by her thought process.

“Ohh, please. It is not such a big deal. On my way home, I have to deliver food at two places, that’s it. Anyways, I will take your leave now. I have to reach home and complete my work also.” Aastha said.

“I am so sorry, I haven’t asked you to come inside.” Samyak realized that they are still at the door.

“No no… its already quite late. I will leave now. So any plans for coming to temple on weekend.” Aastha asked him casually.

“Yes, I am planning to visit on Saturday. If it is okay with you, we can go together.” Samyak asked her hesitatingly.

Samyak wanted to spend more time with Aastha. Whenever he meets, he gets to know more about her and he gets really amazed at her perspective towards life which seems quite simple yet very effective and positive.

Aastha thought a little while and then replied, “Ok… I will let you know the time. See you.”

“Sure… Bye. And Thanks for the food.” Samyak waved with a smile.

They both met at the subway station on Saturday morning for temple visit. Aastha is wearing light pink self-printed kurti and white leggings. She has also carried a white chiffon stole which has tiny glitter balls all over. Samyak looked at her for an extra minute as he always saw her in office in western formal wear. Her calm and soothing face is radiating. He feels a positive vibe whenever he meets Aastha.

“Hi Samyak…” Aastha waved at him from little distance.

Samyak got back from his thoughts and waved back.

“Let’s go.” Samyak pointed towards the train.

They boarded the train and in next two stops, they reached the temple. They spent the whole day at the temple, attended the Pooja and event which was going on, had dinner. Aastha introduced Samyak to few people whom she met in the temple in last few days. They all chatted for some time. Everyone is from different parts of India, working in different fields. After dinner, there was a meditation session for 30 minutes. Aastha asked Samyak to join along with her. Samyak was little hesitant but then he agreed.

Samyak felt after a very long time, he had spent such a great day. For few hours, he forgot everything. He was feeling very positive and relieved. He can’t expect anything better. Samyak dropped Aastha to her house while return.

They didn’t talk much about each other but just being around her for the whole day made Samyak very happy. On the way back to his house, he feels that there is something special about this girl and he wants to know more about her.

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

30 minutes meditation. Being around each other whole day but not talking much. S and A have already discovered a few secrets of happy and long married life. :blush:

10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

@muggs . Wow. Very nice explanation of jain culture, systems and customs. I heard that youngesters also follow these customs in abrode while working. Well knitted script.Gradually Samyak has started liking Aastha.:banana:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    muggs likes this.