1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by parvathi1980, Mar 22, 2018.

1. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone, my issue is with my husband. He has a lady working under him who has shared a lot of her personal life details with him.like her marriage,her husband or her recent miscarriage. I mean like in detail like her husbands qualities etc.like he may remarry or how she bled during her miscarriage. I have not worked for long so don't know how people work with their bosses bit is this oversharing normal. She had started messaging him the day she joined the office. Pics of how heavily it rained in her area. I am unable to digest all this. By the way they share a very cramped workspace. She has been working for around a year and there was a period when my husband would only talk about her all the time. We have fought over this and now he does not discuss anything related to her with me. But he once called me by her name. This was during an argument. Most probably it means nothing but I am concerned.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I would not care about sharing of pics of how heavily it rained in her area but sharing details about personal problems with her husband ( and details of miscarriage ) is a bit unprofessional in my opinion . These are details to be shared with a friend not with one’s boss . So you are not unreasonable in getting annoyed at this. Most likely it is a case of a woman suffering from verbal diarrhea and nothing else.
    Different people have different norms about how much they share. The only time I discuss health issues / family issues with the boss is when I need time off from work . But not too
    many details are included.
    It doesn’t hurt to be aware of what’s going on . Specially now that your husband does not discuss her with you. Be aware but not too obsessed about this.

parvathi1980 and beautifullife30 like this.
  3. parvathi1980

Thanks sandycandy! My husband also says the same. She just talks non stop. I only asked because she sent a weird message to him recently. If someone did not know the context in which it was said you might think that something is on. In my opinion she is irresponsible as well. I don't think my husband is having an affair but it seems odd. He has worked with many women in the past and no one has been like this.

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

My experience with women in mine n dh's life is that they overshare in these situations-
    one, when they want to build a relationship with you or
    two, they are already comfortable with n doesn't feel threatened or
    Three, they are frustrated n any listening ears will work
    It can all be either just a good old friendship or they want a sexual/ emotional relationship.
    Their intentions can be anything but as the other person, 'we' need to be clear about where we need them to stand.

Calling you by her name - that would annoy me to a whole another level n my dh would have witnessed a thaandav.

No matter what, if the friendship gets beyond my comfort level, i would want him to do something about it. He may not be able to control her, but he can definitely control his actions right ?

Reduce the amount of replies, no need to reply for everything right away. That will slowly reduce her messages too.

He can easily say he's busy with his own family n don't get into details about what he does with his family or life.

If she's that much of a close friend, invite her n her hubby home for a festival or anything. Introduce yourself.

After that, if it's still out of control, start to reply to her msgs from your hubbys phone, 'rain photos looks lovely'.
    If it's a normal friendship, it shouldn't bother your hubby.

Tell him he better make right choices as it doesn't take too long for a woman to find a man to 'just chat' with, after all it's only about rain, weather n everything under it.

5. parvathi1980

Thanks ashneys!! This lady does not send messages after office hours now. My husband stopped responding to her. She seems to be very talkative and likes to talk to everyone. The one message i mentioned was referring to something else. But yes you are right...some women do it knowingly. But i have to trust my husband. He has not sent to her a single message which can be considered inappropriate. All work related during office hours when he is out on meetings and wants her to do some work. I will be cautious though. She seems to have an influence over people in general. May meet her in the near future.

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

It's a big alarm according to me. That lady is into your husband and he is too. I too have worked with men in my company but never discussed how i bled during periods or miscarriage. These signs are that their chemistry between them is developed and is crossing the limits. Throw the hot water and take action. Your husband has stopped talking to you about her bcz he needs peace at home, simple. Sorry OP please become a devil and confront him on this.

parvathi1980 and Rosey2018 like this.
  7. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

But if your H has not sent even one inappropriate msg, then appreciate him on his face for his honesty. Tell him on his face that you believe in him and give him a hig and treat him well. That will boost his image towards you and he will be more leaned towards keeping it in tact. Good luck OP.

parvathi1980 and Rosey2018 like this.
  8. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Id trust him but be careful it doesn’t take long for simple chats and oversharing and becoming friends to developing feelings for one another. Relationship should be professional and nothing else.

I’d be really annoyed if he called me her name. Does your husband work with others and messages others like this from his workplace?

parvathi1980 likes this.
  9. parvathi1980

Thanks for your response! I have confronted him but honestly other than a few bits of conversation that he has told me about I don't know much and I don't think there is anything alarming at the moment. But yes I am alert. The thing is that this discussion was affecting my health, happiness and marriage. I have now stopped talking about this or asking. But I don't trust him or anyone blindly. That is for sure.

10. parvathi1980

Yes...true. i am working on my marriage only now. If I don't trust him I will be pushing him away.