1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

They Can Never Be Dead

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 21, 2018.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Cheeniya Sir, for intervention.
    "it was not fair to let a person know when bad things are about to happen - because however brave a person is, he will lose sometime living in fear or live contemplating on it. Of course, the child is barely 9 years old and I can see the truth in what he says - what you don't know doesn't hurt you. "

Dear Rama Madam,
    What the nine year old said is quite true.
    My servant maid,just 17 in 1994 had constant head aches .We took her to a neuro physician.The scan revealed some oedema( swelling) and blood clot in the brain.He gave some tablets .Doctor told me personally that the condition causes concern.
    I brought her home.I told her that she would be alright by regular medication.
    Now she is 42.Her daughter is married and her son is doing graduation.Though intermittently she suffers pain, that is not unbearble.had she known about the condition,it would have caused havoc to her mental health.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Knowing her real condition, I was actually much worried than the ignorant patient.

jayasala 42

shyamala1234 likes this.
  2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear JS Madam,
    I absolutely agree. Ignorance is bliss. That 9 year old kid put on a very valid question.
    In some countries why do doctors tell the patient that they are going to die? They can tell close family member but not the patient. I may be right or wrong.....but that is my firm view.
    Syamala

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear J'S Madam,
    Sorry for my interference again.
    Knowing that one is going to die soon and taking it in a very philosophical way that birth and death are two sides if a coin, death is inevitable and we should take it in the right way.....that needs a lot of awareness, very deep mental set up....impossible for ordinary people like me. Exceptions do not make a rule. It happens only in films like Anand.
    Syamala
    Cheeniya sir,
    Hope you are reading all my gibberish ramblings when many learned people are sending their feedbacks!
    Syamala

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@joylokhi
    Dear joylokhi
    Thank you for your first and beautiful response.
    Truly so. Saint Thyagaraja, one of the three musical trinities, wrote in Telugu 'Entharo mahanu bhavulu andhiriki vandanamulu' meaning that there are countless great souls and I offer my saltation to every one of them.
    When I was a child, I asked my mother why there were no more 'Avatars' now. My mother smiled and said 'Do you remember the day you fell down and broke your leg? The stranger who brought you safely to your home in a rickshaw was an Avatar of God'
    Yes there are countless of them.
    Sri

joylokhi and iyerviji like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@GeetaKashyap
    Dear Geeta
    Thank you for your good wishes for my early recovery.
    You are absolutely right. Great people who continue to live in our heart are all chiranjeevi. Blessed are those who attain that status through the quality of life they lead.
    Sri

GeetaKashyap and iyerviji like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    That's an excellent sum-up of what I tried to convey. Thank you.
    Chiranjeevitham is not just living eternally in our minds. It should be through our good deeds. Hitler is still in our mind for the horrors he committed on the Jews but we don't call him a Chiranjeevi.
    Sri

iyerviji and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    You never fail to pamper me for my blogs! Thank you for giving a reason to continue writing.
    Absolutely true. You remember the story of Yama and Nachiketas? He would not leave Yama until he divulged the secret of death. He learns from Yama that the all-knowing Self was never born,nor will it die. Beyond cause and effect, this Self is eternal . When the body dies, the Self does not die. One must discriminate the Soul from the body, which is the seat of desire.After death, it is the Soul that remains; the Soul is immortal. Thus having learned the wisdom of the Brahman from Yama, Nachiketa was freed from the cycle of births.
    I entirely agree with you. People who have no idea about the Soul and its eternality and live a life in satiating the desires of the Flesh die with the flesh. They just do not figure in our mind after their death. That's why Sufism urges us to take our psyche from our physical body and orient it to the Eternal Soul.
    sri

shyamala1234, Srama and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. Cheeniya

@sindmani
    Dear sindmani
    Thank you for your concern for my health. And thanks for reading and liking my posts
    Sri

Viswamitra and sindmani like this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear brother
    There is a general slogan in IL that 'if you want to know more about what you write, look up to Viswa'! How true it is!
    You have brought out a profound fact there. I recall with reference to your above statement that 'God helps those who help themselves'. So much has been contributed in our pursuit of knowledge through the path breaking work done by both believers and non believers. We can never say who have contributed more for our growth. Have you noticed something? A sizeable population of our succeeding generations do not seem to have much time for God. This article in the Telegraph says that two thirds of youngsters do not believe in God! They all say that belief in yourself is more important than belief in God.
    It is a matter of great gratification that enlightened souls from Adi Sankara down to Vivekananda graced our planet to lift us to high spirituality. While these two died young, Ramanuja and Madhva lived long. Ramanuja in particular lived up to 120 years.
    Gibran is my virtual Guru. The more I read him, the farther I go in my spiritual pursuit.
    That's a very profound quote. I'll remember it.
    The operation of Karma is too complicated to understand. It is a kind of mathematics which will leave even Ramanuja puzzled!
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@jayasala42
    Dear jayasala
    Thank you for a very informative response.
    I cannot agree with you more! These are extremely rare individuals who light up our planet from time to time. I am down with a pretty curable but extremely painful problem and I cry buckets every day. This makes me understand the greatness of celebrities like Stephan Hawking.
    Christoper Reef is another guy who has left a profound impression on my mind. Crippled for life in a horse riding accident Reeve became a quadriplegic after being thrown from a horse during an equestrian competition in Culpeper, Virginia. He was confined to a wheelchair and required a portable ventilator for the rest of his life. He lobbied on behalf of people with spinal chord injuries and for human embryonic stem cell research, founding the Christopher Reeve Foundation and co-founding the Reeve-Irvine Research Centervine Research Center.
    Sri