1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How To Treat Gastritis ( Continuous Burping Through Out The Day)?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Daffodil13, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am not sure if that can be termed as Gastritis but I believe it is. I was all doing good till my delivery.
    I delivered my baby on June 2017, after which for almost 3-4 months I was fine.
    Now from last 3 -4 months, I experience frequent stomach bloating, very tight and heavy feeling in chest. This is very happening very often.

And also I am experiencing a lot of burping..I mean it very very lot..There is continuous burping through out the day. It doesnt matter on what I eat. It starts as soon as I get up and continues till i sleep.
    I am feeling so uncomfortable with it. it doesnt pain me though but worried on what is causing this continuous burping...I felt it might be gastritis.

Does anyone suggest on how to treat it? or any suggestions

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

see a dr. the dr will do some blood work and tell you what it is.

maintian a food chart. eliminate spicy food for a week and see if it helps. eliminate dairy and see if it helps. eliminate gluten and see if it helps
    elimination should be for a week at the least to know if it helps..

sometimes diet changes and rest can help.if not your dr is the one who can help..

shravs3 and Laks09 like this.
  3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hi daffodil, It does seem like gastric problem.
    @Shanvy has give some very useful advice. Please use it.

Does it worsen thru the day ( like relatively better at 9 am than at 7pm?) Again a bit better the next morning?
    Just checking Did you have a C section?
    Has your abdomen healed relatively?
    Are you using any binder /brace for support? Has your gyne cleared you to do some very basic ab exercises?

It is very important to take care and strengthen your abs , especially the transverse abdominis and the pelvic floor in the first year post partum

Shanvy likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Daffodil13 i missed the c-section point. i agree with @SunPa you should visit your dr and also ask for abdominal and pelvic strengthening exercises. sady it was not the norm in india 20 yrs back. my physio says it is a must to teach new moms especiallg the ones who had c section these exercises.

and do not be in a hurry to exercise. none of the videos that talk about fitness and aggressive workout talk about hernia or other issues that can happen.
    if you are bf listen to your body. each one if us is different. do visit your dr. too

5. ashsummer

ashsummer Junior IL'ite

From my own experience, I know dairy is an issue so I try to avoid it apart from yogurt I usually have once a day. Also I'm considering going gluten free with all my grains and avoiding dense wheat products to see if it helps. I am doing pretty well but that's with the Canada Drugs

6. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Even i have the same problem. But i delivered (vaginally) 4 years back. I have also put on weight. Please suggest if there are any home remedies for heartburn and continuous burping.