1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Create Your Own Space For Scrapbook

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Anusowmyan, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

upload_2018-2-12_21-59-31.png

Scrapbook- book in which to keep newspaper cuttings E t c, A book of blank pages for sticking cuttings, drawing or pictures in, are the definitions given in the dictionary for a scarp book.

Scrap books are available in the market, in which we can stick our own items or you can create your own style of scrap book with help of some one side papers, left over brown sheets or old calendar.

Cut the selected papers or sets of old calendars into equal size or settle down with A4 sheets. Stitch it together or just few staplers or bind them.

Start the main top cover with your creative way, stick quotes, lovely pictures, draw any particular thematic lines related to your scrap book collection.

There are many hobbies which many love to do and one such thing is reading books, which we normally own or lend ,all these can be read again when we love to do it.

But in case of newspapers or any source which we love to preserve, may be cut and stick into a book called scrap book. It can vary from person to person and they range from News paper cuttings, photos or own writings, drawings, or many innovative things either made by you or they need to be saved from damage or lost, needs to be the part of the scarp book.

Cuttings about books, book reviews, travel plans or details of destination, cookery, especially recipes from traditional house- holds, special interviews etc, these can be treasured for a long time almost like archives.

upload_2018-2-12_22-5-45.png

My love for scrap book started when I was in school, in Sunday newspaper, every week we can get to read about a new place and details to reach there and all other notable features. My brother helped me in stitching the book, we planned to visit those places when we grow up. Like -wise two set of scrap book got ready, with many of geographical and historical features.

In 2010, when THE HINDU conducted a book donation campaigns I donated two of my scrap book with an idea that it should be helpful to many students.

After that my love for the scrap book didn’t end, now I have made two more scrap book with all lovely writings which will refresh me, when you are dull or little low in spirits.

radv, kkrish, Anjana124 and 1 other person like this.

2. L69

L69 Gold IL'ite

This hobby is so rarely seen nowadays....glad you are pursuing it Anu.

3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply

4. Anjana124

Anjana124 Senior IL'ite

That should be a wonderful hobby. Thanks for the idea. I see scrapbooking getting digitised too. But then, I guess, after so many years of scrapbooking, looking back.. it should be fun.. despite being informative..

5. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

really it's a wonderful hobby. truely interesting and highly informative. thanks for the reply

6. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply