1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Vent

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by SRK123, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Saw a fb post today about an abandoned special kid..
    Oh my god !! Why is all this happening? Cruelty towards kids is not justified in any angle.. People say that in this world, everything happens for a reason.. But why are some kids punished for no reason? My heart is breaking to see everyday news about how kids are being thrown away by own parents, being taken away by bad guys and sold to slavery, raped, killed because of fights between families.. How did humans become so stone hearted.. How can anyone hurt a little child? Did they become so heartless? I hate to see children being treated like this, my heart bleeds for them.. Cant even imagine my child in that situation.. And most of those things happen unnecessarily - i mean its easily avoidable.. Kidnapping, rapes, etc cant be completely avoided, but if parents are more vigilant, and watchful, i think it can be avoided to some extent.. Why do some people always leave their kids playing outside and not be watchful? I have seen so many people who dont keep an eye on kids..also why do you trust people(easily) with your kids? And later start crying when something happens.. Everyone talks nicely that doesnt mean they are nice..

And whats with the parents who take their frustrations on helpless child? Just because the child cant give it back to you? First understand that children do things because they are innocent. Discipline should be done since young age - you can discipline a child without hitting scolding screaming.. If you have some patience and time for your child, they are always ready to listen.. First be a loving and caring parents, and then expect something from your children.. There are so many resources and good books on how to solve behavioural issues -read them. hitting and screaming is never an answer.. If you dont have patience then sorry you dont deserve to be a parent. People who dont have time for kids - why do you have kids in the first place? Now you will say, its my child and its my wish? No you cant do as you wish .. just because its your child, you are not entitled.its a responsibility to have kids. You signed up for this and brought them into the world. Children deserve all the attention, love and respect.. If you love your kid, stop punishing the kids and start establishing a communication and connection.. You will see the change in the behaviour..

sorry for the harsh vent :(

shravs3, joylokhi, Sunshine04 and 2 others like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

True. It feels horrible to read instances of children suffering thus for no fault of theirs. Instances of pure neglect and cruelty etc may be less in upper classes of society where the day to day living is not a struggle. However, in the lower strata of society - i mean financially - it is rampant.
    As far as humanity is concerned, it is amazing to what extent human deprivation is there when children are harmed in this manner, or in cases of rape , murder etc which has become an everyday news item.

SRK123 likes this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Recently I read a news about rape on a 5 month old baby...what else we can talk or discuss, where this world is going finally?

SRK123 and shravs3 like this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I too read about a fb post where the dad wants to divorce the mom and have nothing to do with their 2 yr autistic kid. I was angry with both mom and dad.shameless .
    The mom don't want to impose on the dad it seems. So she is ready to give the kid to foster care in usa and parents return back to india and divorce . How convenient. I was feeling nauseous the whole day.

SRK123 and joylokhi like this.