Horoscopes And The Reality

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by SGBV, Jan 29, 2018.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I understand the gambling part very well. Even in love marriage, there is no guarantee that your life partner turns out to be the best match.
    It is all about the two partners to handle it.

But horoscope in this case is beyond gambling. It is not the uncertainty, but she is certain about few differences of this prospective groom.
    She knows that his education and profession is much much lower to her. She understands that he is of different background, and it may bring loads of pressure and differences on a fairly modern -working-girl like her after marriage.
    These are the things that we must check, even though there are plenty of other things that we can't check before marriage.
    But despite of knowing all these, she still hopes for a luck, and enter into this gamble, hoping the positive 90% match in their horoscope can make it all easy.

Many marriages happen like this, and I can vouch about my co-sis's marriage here.
    She knew all about my PILs, as she is a distant relative of them. She knew well in advance about my BIL and all. But she entered into this marriage, because her horoscope matched only with my BILs. They have checked a few, and they knew hers is a difficult one, which won't be matching with everyone.
    So, they didn't wanna lose the one that matched, even though there were incompatibilities and red flags. They overlooked these negative parts, and hoped the 80% matching would do some magic after marriage. But what happened in reality is a different case.
    I wonder what happened to that 80% matching too, because they are battling fertility issue since marriage.
    So, in addition to all the compatibility problems, this fertility problem adds further stress to their marriage.
    If it is all fate, then why blindly enter into a known hell in the name of horoscope?

2. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

All this is gamble and situations change the way we react.
    For e.g. I and my hubby were very much in love( dont know why) when we decided to get married.Our horoscopes did not match and infact some said not to go ahead with marriage.Still we believed in our love and then we decided to get married.
    You very well know how my situation was and is. So now I believe in horoscope.:)

If someone comes to me I will ask them to trust horoscope. So it all depends on what we go through. But above all I think its destiny. If she has to marry the person she loves she will get vibes to ignore/trust horoscopes accordingly.

Anjana124 and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

I hope you have not studied the basics of astrology, not even a single book . without studying the basics ( not in magazines) commenting a subject is not good , I feel. I am sure you will not follow your today,s advice when your kids marriage.

4. Anjana124

Anjana124 Senior IL'ite

This belief just influences the thoughts and thus the life. Truly speaking we don't need these charts to predict our health and children. All the habits, discipline, way of living, most importantly, how we see look at things determines our life. Not all arranged marriages are successful and not all love marriages are unsuccessful! What we need is a mind that 'accepts' what is happening and thus acts accordingly!

Sandycandy and shravs3 like this.
  5. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

my case, its true.

only because of horoscope mismatch, i am facing lots of issues, so people who are into it can ONLY relate well.

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Well, mine was a love marriage; hence horoscope was out of question.
    We do face a lot of problems in life, but I don't blame the charts for it.
    Because everyone in my H's family face the problem that I face in my marriage. (including my MIL, co-sisters etc). It is because of the way men behave in their family irresponsibly.
    Just like, everyone in my H's family are happy with the way how our spouses are in certain ways (very disciplined, no alcohol & drug usage, no EMA etc). This is again because of the way of their upbringing.
    So, altogether it is about who they are, and how they chose to live.
    In my case, we got married without checking the horoscope. My my MIL's and co-sis' case, they checked the horoscopes multiple times. But our problems are the same.

Just that, I am positive and still in love with my H despite of all the differences, because I have a slightest idea of what to expect in my marriage beforehand. And we did love each other, so we tend to forgive each other's faults easily.
    My MIL and co-sis still keep the grudge and face loads of troubles in their marriage, because they were not prepared to cope with these problems. And they don't wanna take it simple or forgive their spouses.

The problem is same. Horoscope didn't change anything.
    But love did little magic here

7. Anjana124

Anjana124 Senior IL'ite

My mom's marriage was an arranged one. My dad died after 7 years of marriage. Why was this not predicted? There were no problems in both the charts! She suffered her whole life facing quite a lot of challenges. I am not saying whatever is said in astrology is wrong. I feel this need not taken as a yardstick.

If the girl and the boy know each other well and if the families are comfortable, I guess they don't need to worry about anything. All that is needed throughout our lives are the moral support, and the high confidence levels to resolve anything that may come up.

In most of the marriages, it's funny to note that when things go well, nothing will be noted. But if there are problems we all end up blaming each other and that is enough to create a gap!

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. Anjana124

Anjana124 Senior IL'ite

Appreciate your approach!

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

She is educated,financially independent and mature in age. She has all the tools to use logic and fight the belief if she wants.
    She herself believes in it ,then there is not much you can do.

If she marries without matching,she will forever keep looking for problems,keep her fingers crossed.
    If she lets this one go because she listened to you,she will forever believe that she let a better astrological match go because of you.

She is not a child who is being mislead. She is a woman with the wealth of knowledge at her finger tips.

You can cite your family example to her. That's all.

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Horoscope is not a fixed document. It changes with time by the position of stars and our karmas. That's why we do not get all the answers all the time. If she know the problems at present then she is not taking that seriously. She just want to get rid of problem in hand and has an attitude of we will see. Its sometimes fruitful but can be dangerous too. As you said you are adjusting to it as being aware of it then she can also do the same or the things may vary.