1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whom Do You Fool?

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Tamrakshar, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A poetry aimed at people with multiple handles - seriously??? And that receives 4 pages of responses, popping up in the 'unanswered threads' widget only for a few mins may be!!

We had it in the general guidelines since long that 'only one username per person'. But then, if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun, right?!

So there has been various (un)justifying reasons for having multiple handles. As long as one doesn't use one handle to start a controversy and another handle to support that controversy, or use a handle to follow a person and another handle to post against the same person for they don't fall in line with their views (call it online back-stabbing), how does it bother?

May be they chose to show their multiple personalities in the community, shouldn't that be fine as long as it doesn't hurt anyone in the community!

PS: Using multiple handles concurrently is a lesser problem, compared to those troublesome coming back to the community with a new handle every time after they have been asked to exit.

Arunarc, HazelPup and MonikaSG like this.
  2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Seriously ?? Why not ? We have tons of threads here focused on superstitions , inaccurate information , pseudoscience etc etc . So why not a poem stating the truth ?

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sandy, discussing about them in a thread can make them feel put on the spot while they are not hurting anyone in the community.

Induslady likes this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hi induslady :hello: thanks for your response. But I don’t think the OPs post was aimed at admin or mods . There will always be rules & there is a way to interpret them to be compliant & yet not be compliant. I don’t think this post was a call to the admin inefficiency or anything like that.
    Well, people assemble on online forums for knowledge & information & also have fun sometimes. If you take the fun out of it, you might end up losing half the population or more. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went on for 10 more pages. You are admin & am sure you have observed that ppl come for info but stay for the fun here. No doubt about that.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  5. Rihana

Fun at the cost of the feelings of some members... let's not :nono:

Mistt likes this.
  6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Whose feelings are hurt here?:thinking: I thought everyone’s having fun here, hence the 4 pages, isn’t it?

Btw, I am so upset, you broke my heart. I thought you had a change of heart & title:triumph:

7. Rihana

Yes, but the speculation on who they are can be hurtful for them to read. See, a simple kewstin on why Y&R thread founders post/don't post there ruffled so many feathers.... like that only.

8. Rihana

not about heart yaar... I thought about the thread from pov of those being discussed, even if not being named.

anyway, shubh ratri. good night.

9. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

This thread made me remember Arthur Miller's the crucible based on Salem Witch trials.
    One person Abigail accuses another person of witch craft. Just accusation and mere speculation. Dozen people get executed, few more jailed.

Read it to learn how human mob psychology works.

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I can understand your state of mind and want to reduce your curiosity level. Don't read all posts and get confuse.Please Just follow these steps.

1 Read the poem thoroughly and try to understand what poet want to tell to readers.

2...read post#3 , post#5 then read post#17 and #18

3.. finally read post # 37...

After reading those posts definitely you will get an idea what going is on here...:)

Archanaanchan and Sandycandy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.