1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Step Mother And Her Step Children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Jan 17, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wow she is really deserved to be called as “Mother”. This shows that motherhood doesn’t require any biological connections with children.

SGBV and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone..

Now I understand why I became so emotional at the funeral house that day, and revised everything happened there for the next few days in my mind. It was an heart whelming moment.
    In fact, I did not cry about the loss of that woman. I know that she was old, and ill, and her death was more peaceful.
    But looking back all the remarkable life journey she has traveled made me speechless.

As @Rihana rightly said, I too would like to give some credit to the man, who chose the right woman as his second wife. This is the most crucial part here.
    Knowing his drinking habit and all, he chose the most fitting person as an addition to the family.

Her orphanage background, and her maturity (I heard from others that she was into her 30s when she tied the knot) made her the best mother.

In fact, these children are really lucky. Despite of loosing both parents at the very young age, they managed to bounce back and lead a normal, peaceful and happy life because of this new addition to their family.

@jayasala42 mam
    Your story reassures my faith in humanity. In fact, there has always been nice souls living among us.

MonikaSG, Rihana, VaniVyas and 2 others like this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

As everybody mentioned, positive things happening around us leaves one with a smile.
    These are evidences that humanity and compassion still lives among us.

4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

The man though was into drinking habits was capable or lucky enough to leave enough wealth for this second wife and children. Otherwise, the case might have been otherwise.

5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

@SGBV
    You have shared one of the most inspirational incident. Thanks for sharing
    My Hearty Wishes for your Birthday.

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What a glorious tribute to Motherhood! If I am a poet, I would write a poem as long as Paradise Lost on stepmothers.
    I remember an old Tamil movie titled Annai (Mother). The talented star of yesteryears Banumathi acts as a doting stepmother In one scene where her stepson is sleeping, she is annoyed with the ticking sound of the pendulum of a clock. She stops the clock to ensure undisturbed sleep of her son!
    Talking of stepmothers, who can beat Yashoda, the step mother of Krishna?
    Thank you for this wonderful blog, SGBV

NeetaR and VaniVyas like this.
  7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Yes, Yashoda s love for krishna is considered more deep than the love of Krishna s biological mother. Several songs on this topic can bring a tear to the listener , it is so warmly described that the immense and pure love of Yashoda mixed with devotion cannot be described in simple words.
    By then, is it mentioned anywhere that Krishna came back to see his mother ? Why he did not bother to come back to Vrindhavan after knowing people are really gonna miss him ? Yashoda did not know he was not her son right??
    Sorry for the deviation from the original post.

8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Salute the mom for bringing up responsible children with good qualities

9. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Such a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.

10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV ,

Thanks a ton for this snippet.
    Definitely an emotional read but these things prove to us there is still some humanity left in-spite of all the other heart wrenching/ disturbing things happening around the globe.

Love, Care, Affection etc., if used rightly can be pillars of life.

The day that they picked to have a get together in India, their mother's birthday, itself shows the affection and respect they have towards their mother.

--PS