1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Want You To Be Happy At Me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Gauri03, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Gauri03,

"குழல்இனிது யாழ்இனிது என்பதம் மக்கள்
    மழலைச்சொல் கேளா தவர்."

Let me give the translation of the above words of Thiruvalluvar in Tamil below:

"Those who have not heard their children talk will say that the musical instruments are melodious".

Record those beautiful words of your daughter and preserve for hearing in future after she is married to someone of her choice. I have complete record of my son's school performance from LKG including some interesting work he did. My wife preserves his first tooth, first cloth, first Teddy Bear, etc. even today. But I failed to record his infant talk but my wife and I talk about it very often.

Viswa

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

That was a very nice read Gauri. So much to learn from these children. They never stop to amaze us and soon they grow to be so independent ... Love those innocent years that keep us so engaged and entertained. Lovely to hear their childish talks. Cherishable moments :)

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Considering the number of people I run into who are full of gas, this is pretty accurate if you ask me!:wink1::lol:
    A very Happy New Year to you and yours!

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mine too! I think all my favorite bhajans are about the unique bond between Bhagwan Krishna and Yashoda. Speaking of mischievous kids, here's my favorite six-year-old and his mom. When I was younger I identified with Calvin, now I see myself more and more in his mother's place. : )

a8de6f1af38d5e6f28095e01f18586b0.jpg

CnnaMMJUsAAiM8T.jpg

5. Gauri03

You have nothing to worry. You're a wonderful mom! Empty-nester mom's have all my love and empathy! I can't imagine how it must feel to have your little babies, out there in the world, making their way all by themselves. But they have 18 years of your love, teaching and wisdom in their arsenal. It is time for you to sit back and let your upbringing take over. They will make you proud!

6. Gauri03

Lol! That I did! Thank you. I will definitely try.

kaniths likes this.
  7. Gauri03

Thanks Lakshmi! I couldn't agree more about the innocent years. I wish I could stop time and have them stay little and adorable forever. I'm trying to do the second best thing record these precious memories for when they grow wings and fly away.

Wish you a very Happy New Year!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    jskls likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

definitely both have brought in loads of proud moments.

the bond is more special when your kid is a special needs kid, as my husband makes fun of me sometimes i quote “take a breath, enough of living his life with him, he will manage from now on”

having a role other than a spouse, a parent and doing things that satisfy self is the way to shoo that empty neat syndrome. it is a work in practice.

and thank you love. you can only do so much how they turn out as adults is not solely dependent on the parents.but yes if we make the foundations strong, there is loads of hope for us.

nice to see all here. Happy new year to all.

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

VID-20180117-WA0006.mp4
    Mother's love...
    I get hundreds of forwards daily and I just lump them but I could not resist sharing the above one with you. It is so relevant to the topic we are discussing.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    sindmani, Induslady and Gauri03 like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You also succumb to the discipline theater of pitai that never happens : ) I feel vindicated in some very gratifying way. I went to that movie-less theater less than 2 months ago, I am mortified to confess.

Beautiful snippet. Definitely bityia rani tum per gayi hai. DD has taken after you. Good you wrote it down in such clear detail. Will make a precious memory to look back at. I read the post on Monday and since then been thinking about it now and then. It doesn't take a village to raise a child. The child is the village that raises the parent. : )

I was recalling the many lessons I have learnt from Thing1 and Thing2. Mostly Thing2. One that stuck in the mind being his telling me, "(if I like something) don't make it a project." : ) Background -- whenever they show some little interest in something, I do (did) all I can to encourage it. In a studiedly casual manner that I gather failed to be casual enough. Interested in LEGO's, got into FLL. Some interest in the sky, yuge telescope came home. It sat in the middle of the living room (spot usually occupied by grand piano in desi households : ) ). Likes rocks, I ordered sets of 35-50 kinds of rock samples. : ) Figured out what is the magnetic north pole, I bought a magnetism kit. It needed iron filings bought separately. Ordered that too online. Shipping was double the cost of the filings. And believe it or not, once ordered live ants in a plastic ant house, and they too got delivered! No wonder Jeff Bezos is the richest man. : )

To my credit and salvation, they refuse to give away the stuff even years after being done with them.

About letting down one's guard, laying bare one's insecurities and frayed edges... too old and BTDT to try it with newer friends/acquaintances. Have a few with whom there is absolutely no purdah.. they can tell by the speed and tone of my whatsapp response what is going on. These are the warts and all friends. They know what they mean to me. Next to better-half and kids, they are my everything. With newer connections, I have a 'tu nahin, aur sahi, aur nahin, aur sahi'. (If not you, someone else. If not someone else, someone else squared.) : )

Good one, Gauri. Stayed in the mind for days after reading. Very well composed and presented. From the heart. The abstinence done you good. : ) Nice to see posts from you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Thyagarajan, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.