1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maggar Singh, My Saviour

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Jan 8, 2018.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Geets,
    Makara sankranthi shubashayagalu....
    Waiting to read more of your work, keep writing....

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much, dear@Adharv. In this story through Maggar I shared some food for thought and I did so to avoid sounding preachy.

Personally I feel there is a lesson in anything and everything we see or hear and it is up to us to pick it up consciously or unconsciously. Strangely our minds are such that any negative message is picked up even when it is hidden and positive messages are ignored even when they are presented in bold letters! They say some bad messages hidden in the lyrics of some pop music are picked up by teens which the older generation misses! Does that mean we pick up what suits us and ignore the rest? Must be. To give an example, whenever I saw romantic songs where the lovers pine for each other etc, it made not much sense to me. But a friend who was in a long distance relationship said, these emotions are very real and touches the hearts of such lovers!!!
    :)

Nimagu Sankranti habbada shubhashayagalu.

Adharv likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Thank you and wish you the same, dear Nandu @nandinimithun.

4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Hey I totally agree with your point Geeta. That's the fun fact too. :sunglasses::sunglasses: ;);)

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, dear@Adharv.

6. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Geets,

I am late only to write here but not to read wonderful 6 episode that you have written . This topic that you have touched is a topic in discussion for few generations .

I basically loved your thought process here . It was more realistic to me through characters. Gender stereotype is still existent. But definitely beats the past numbers in the present and gradually we will see it more declining.We see women and men equally engaged in financial roles and many major responsibilities . The newer generations are changing .

Lets hope there is a better respect and understanding for women going further .
    The best part in your story was discussing a women's problem and finding the solution through men. 10 on 10 Geeta !!

I am anticipating to see more such writings from you on this platform.

7. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, Archu, for your appreciation and views. All I can say is, Amen.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Archanaanchan likes this.
  8. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Hi Geetha madam
    I waited to read all episodes in one go. There’s a tamil story in this site which I read recently had something similar. The character in the story materializes in real time. But you have gone one step ahead in making that character talk about social / moral responsibilities of every individual and women’s issues. I too have wondered why should the creator of any story make their characters so violent ... (many movies). Is it their inner demons manifesting through the characters they created. Enjoyed reading your story. You are an amazing all-rounder. Congrats:)

F75B7772-7228-4AA1-817B-8BAE54E4E398.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    nandinimithun and GeetaKashyap like this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

@HazelPup

Thanks a lot for your appreciation and for making my day.

"I too have wondered why should the creator of any story make their characters so violent ... (many movies). Is it their inner demons manifesting through the characters they created." I do believe in this as every time we imagine the plot, character and the dialogue etc, unless we invest and think, go through the entire emotion, (I guess even the police or the investigators go through this process to track the criminal.) it will be impossible to bring the drama to life. So this made me come with that dialogue in the story.

Thanks again, dear, for the feedback.:thumbsup:

sindmani and HazelPup like this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Geeta ! Finally read this (with a bag of chips ).
    Crisp writing with a nice touch of humor and a strong underlying message ! You are awesome ! We should have a Geeta fan club, I will be the president :blush: !

Look forward to more sketches, stories and recipes !!!

P.S dhanush as maggar Singh was a super idea!

nandinimithun and Archanaanchan like this.