Upset With Insensitive Friend

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sunnysideup, Dec 6, 2017.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

There could be so many reasons for her reacting that way.
    Like bhumi wrote...may be she is uncomfortable talking about it so changed the topic to herself.
    Maybe she has far too many problems in her own life.
    Maybe she did not understand that you just wanted to be heard.

Times change and peoples priorities change....relationships change.
    Don't lose a good friend just because she wasn't there for you one time.
    You probably are not there for her in her troubles.
    You both are in different phases of life.

Who knows....someday you both may have more time for each other and can come close again.
    Good friendships are hard to come by. Cherish the friendship even if it doesn't pass all friendship tests.

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Heights of insensitivity!!

3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

God Creates these kind of people too. Shame on that school friend. This reminds me of one incident where a lady was making fun of me in office bus in front of everyone that I am commitment less and free sarcastically.

4. greenchilli

greenchilli Bronze IL'ite

@sunnysideup...I have been through infertility treatments so much that I hated myself for being infertile.... eventually God showed his mercy and gave me one kid.So some day you will become parents.Pls. Keep faith.
    When I did try for my second one after many years gap...i found that I get pregnant quickly but then miscarried all the time.Probably six times in 1.5 years.i never discussed my fertility struggles with anyone ...not even with my immediate family these days since most of them never understand and most of them steer clear of us if they know we are eventually gonna discuss about fertility.
    You find a friend who you meet in your fertility treatments and discuss with them or discuss with a person who goes through fertility treatments like you....your colleagues like that.Others may not show the empathy that you are expecting since they just can't relate.

Sandycandy, Rihana and mbharani like this.
  5. greenchilli

greenchilli Bronze IL'ite

Some comments here are totally judging and insensitive...Move on Sunnyside...don't take it heart.
    The world will be a happy place if all were empaths,but it's not .
    My kid has made every day of life cheerful and whenever I see my kid I thank God for his gratitude.
    Of course one can live without marriage, without kid,etc.,...but all these experiences make a life memorable one.What is a life without memories (good/bad) ?.When we are old there should be less or no regrets.

mbharani likes this.
  6. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

Good luck Sunnyside. We will wait for good news from you soon as well and will pray for it.