1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Else Think That Full Length (saree) Blouses Don't Look Pretty?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Nylaa, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

To the office ?
    The cut on the back of the blouse in the picture in OP would also require that slim girl to pirouette frequently. At the end of the day at work, she'd be very tired.

Nylaa likes this.
  2. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

He's Muslim, so both religious reasons and his reasons. I think it may also be cultural as he's Kashmiri and sarees aren't really worn there (at least not by Muslim women).

I don't think the blouse issue would cause an argument. He's never outright said that it bothers him. At a friend's wedding a couple of months ago though, I wore an outfit similar to the one I posted and he looked so irate the entire time. When we were leaving, my friend (who was the groom) came over to say bye and hugged me to say bye and .... oh my. My husband kept looking at him up and down and looked like he wanted to smack him. Not a good look!

I don't mean long sleeve blouses. Long sleeves are gorgeous, especially when the sleeves are made of lace or are very detailed like the ones @nihitareddy posted.

I mean long blouse as in covering the midriff. Long sleeved, normal (crop) length blouses can be pretty.

I don't mind long sleeves. Long sleeved blouses can be gorgeous. I mean long blouse as in covering the midriff/stomach area.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

Those are all so pretty! I have one that is similar to the one Priyanka is wearing in the first picture on the left.

I also love this one:

[​IMG]

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

aren't you also muslim, when you are married to him ? Kashmiri is a good rationale for dress decisions; when you don't want to stick out of the crowd, it is best to go with the local norm. Like they say, when in Kashmir, do it like the Kashmiri. And when in Canada, do it like the Canucks
    Talking of religion and dress choices, there was once a famous magazine cover: [​IMG]

Nylaa likes this.
  5. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

Nope, I am not.

I do agree with you about dressing accordingly when you travel. I wouldn't have an issue with dressing more conservatively if the location called for. The engagement party we'll be attending is in Toronto though, so hardly Kashmir. :lol:

6. manasaprathysha

manasaprathysha New IL'ite

I do prefer short length. though i like the long sleeves..they look better on taller women..so i try to avoid:)

7. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

That's pretty. This is a really good idea! I've been looking on Pinterest and have seen alot of blouses with the sheer back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BhumiBabe likes this.
  8. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

I'm also considering getting a small, sheer cape like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still looking though.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Sunburst and BhumiBabe like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Slim/young can carry these off pretty well.
    Should buy and wear them when slim and young. And take photos for looking-at in years when one is not young/slim any more. Time is a'wasting!

Nylaa likes this.
  10. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

* * * Update * * *

I ended up getting a sheer cape very similar to this one (below):

[​IMG]

madras2018 likes this.