1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chudidhar Means Behenji/aunty??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Jun 25, 2017.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Tights are usually made up of synthetic or hosiery material since it has to be stretchable.Itbis usually figure hugging.

Chudidaar is usually made up of non stretchable fabric....a little loose at the hips and becomes more hugging around the lower thighs and rest of the leg. Traditionally the chudidaar is much longer than the leg length( i had one that was a foot longer) and the extra length is gathered around the ankle to make chuddis( bangles) like gatherings . The normal store bought ones usually have very few chuddis.

Pink Brown Cotton Ombre Dyed Straight Kurta with Churidar and Dupatta - Set of 3
    Chudidaar.

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I don't know about the south but in North India specially Delhi, you can wear almost anything with the kurtas....except I don't see the traditional salwar much these days .

Long straight kurtas are being worn with chudidaars,pallazos ,tights ,pants ,jeans.

Pallazos are also of varying lengths...long,above the ankle,three forths.
    Pants with kurtas...these days you get these pants in ethnic show rooms too. These are made of lighter ,thinner material and are very comfy ...usually less fitting around the hips.Again these pants are of varying lengths.

Long flowing skirts ( like lehengas) with straight kurtas...but not for normal day to day wear.

Kurtas with jeans...full length or folded( for the younger hipper ones)
    I have seen a young girl carry off a nice straight kurta with torn jeans and boots. ..a girl with short kurta with denim shorts and sneakers too.She looked cute .:)

You can check out the styles here or any other online shopping site for women.
    Buy women's W clothes available online from abof.com

3. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

I walk around in kurta pyjama and people call me Netaji, so now I just wear it at home.

You need to be somebody in order to get away with wearing finely starched ethnic wear in India.

I have bought a dhoti and angavastram though and I am looking forward to wearing it as and when the opportunity arises.

Indians look much better in Indian clothes and they actually know how to wear then. Our clothes are also better suited to our climate and body types.

I hate it when Indians walk around with their shirts untucked thinking it is a kurta.

BhumiBabe and Mistt like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks for link dear..so pretty the outfits are

yellowmango likes this.
  5. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

The last time I had been to India, I bought some long straight kurtas for myself. i was told they were in fashion and are best paired with leggings or palazzos ( i pair them with leggings)

Aishwarya Rai

W kurtas

6. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

@Umanga You just made me nostalgic. I used to wear Perfectly starched and pressed cotton wear to work and outside too. I should thank my help at home who used to do the starch and ironing for me. I so miss those days!

7. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Don't worry, we shall soon have robots in the West that can do our ironing and starching for us. However, I don't think the West even knows what starching is.

Though sadly we shan't be able to wear cotton. We have that wretched Western weather to thank for that.

Perhaps artificial weather pods that can transport us to a tropical paradise? It has already been achieved with the Eden Project in England. With organic 3D Printers, Virtual Reality, robotic servants that can cook ghar jaisa khana and artificial weather pods we can experience India without ever leaving the West

Sound good? No need to R2I.

Anyway, enough of this acid dream, I am glad I could trigger a happy memory for you.

Take care.

Elsa likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Never mind. not important.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Puttabbay likes this.
  9. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

I wish I had someone who would do the starch and ironing part! I am fine with a robot instead of a human help.

I still stick to cotton wear in summers and when I am home. Oh, the west has its own version of starch. Just spray and iron it off. It has been my life saviour on humid and rainy and snowy days!

This is the one - Faultless heavy starch

I am sure 3D printing can do wonders. The weather pod sounds interesting.

Oh, brw, I would want to R2I someday. After I am done with my studies.

Umanga likes this.
  10. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Yes exactly, they may have starching but one has to do it oneself. What's the fun in that?

Oh you are still studying? OK.

When you come back, everybody shall ask you "Why have you come back?"

That shall take all the joy away from having human-starched shirts.

Yes, about creating Indian weather in the West, my dream is to be able to grow mangoes there. Can you imagine? Indian mangoes in the West.

I would create a giant biome like the Eden Project with a transparent ceiling and just live all day in the heat and sun. Mhmmmm.

There would be no need to R2I.

:)