1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A→b And B→a

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 26, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Doree. :) Yes, the journey is enjoyable, but I am sure the destination is as beautiful. It is comforting to be in a place where both the journey and the destination come with promises of happiness.

Doree likes this.
  2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Both journey and destination are important!
    Eight decades of my life journey flew away, yet waiting to reach the destination!
    My real life story is just like a TV serial sans love! I mean only love marriage not the love of siblings, other relatives,friends from virtual and real world.
    Through arranged marriage blessed to get a better half rather I would say best half.
    Kurai onrumillai!
    PS

joylokhi and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

Dear Mami, I am really sorry to hear about family and friends, but you are very much loved here on this forum - and that is a fact. So please don't say you are not loved in the virtual world! What's most important is that you got a good BH who has stood by you over the major part of life. This is something that a lot of people don't get and there is no unhappiness like an unhappy marriage. So to that extent you are blessed.

So long as the journey is pleasant, it does not matter whether we reach the destination or not ..... but all of us do, no matter which destination it is.

Lots of love and regards to you Mami.

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Enjoyed reading:) Very true- need to count our blessings and enjoy the journey instead of worrying too much of the destination.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Sorry if I mislead you.
    Sans love-I meant ours was not love marriage. All my relatives are very much attached to me and love me and both virtual world and real world friends also love me. I have no doubt about it.
    PS

7. satchitananda

Sorry Mami, if I misunderstood the post. Now on reading it again after reading your reply to my response, I see what you meant.

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchitananda,
    I consider that both journey and destination are equally important.We don't simply start on a journey.We have a destination in mind. All the plannings etc, for the journey are based on the destination.Journey towards unknown destination is normally referred to as life without focus.
    If it is wedding preparation, all our preparations, shopping etc, comparable to journeys are with reference to marriage only,
    If you apply for a hi-fi job all your readings, references etc are done only with that reference in mind.You don't read medical journals for a job for marketing executives.

Only we can say that the initiatives we take, should be done with involvement, dedication, interest and enjoyment.
    If a young boy is bed ridden and his condition is causing anxiety, we make sincere efforts and take all medical special advice to save him.Here saving his life is the destination point.The journey and destination weigh equal.
    But if a 90 year old suffers from terminal illness,there is no use of incurring huge expenses like ventilator support etc.There cannot be any focus on the journey,I mean the treatment.Mostly the prayer would be the patient should reach the destination peacefully.
    In many cases when our life is split into bits and pieces, every success in the first bit becomes the part of journey of the second part.
    S.S. L. C will be the journey when +2 is the destination.
    Plus Two will be the journey when professional college will be the destination.
    Professional course will be the journey and job will be the destination.
    Job will be the journey when marriage is the destination.Our entire life is full of journeys and destinations.That is why it is said that if you travel in the proper course, you will reach the destination.We can't set aside the destination because it will become the journey for the later destination.
    Only the terms are different.
    You can't have a pleasant journey if you don't plan the correct destination.If you don't plan the correct form of journey, you can never reach the destination point and there will be no more pleasant journeys in life.

jayasala 42

SunPa and satchitananda like this.
  9. satchitananda

I agree with you JS Ma'am to the extent, that we don't set out to do something, with no intention of reaching the destination. To that extent, the 'karmanye vaadhikaraste' might be questionable. However, the point of what I am saying is that if we keep obsessing on the result or the destination, we might forget to enjoy the process. If I keep thinking of my 10th and 12th std results, I might grow so anxious, that I might not study well enough and my fears will be realized. If I enjoy the process of learning and studying and do my job well, the results will take care of themselves. If I study well, ensure that I take good care of my health, then I don't have to worry about the 'phala'. In fact (except in case of some unexpected happenings or unless I purposely - for some strange reason - goof up my paper) I can't change the result - I will do well. "Ma phaleshu kadaachana".

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you madam.If you take care of pennies, pounds will take care of themselves.But at the same time we cannot be penny wise and pound foolish.We cannot lose sight of the prime focus which is the main motivating factor.I don't consider it as a depressing one.
    Jayasala 42

Jayasala 42